Went prospecting yesterday

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I finally got a chance to go see Jvan's claim. We dug a huge boil hole about 10 feet down by about 15 feet across. and ran it through the highbanker. Got some gold to show for it. Hike out was a bit much for this old man, but I survived.
The first pic is the cleaned out hole. Second pic is a before shot. The rounded oval in the background is reference in both pics,just so you get an idea of how much we dug. We dug until we hit bed rock in all directions. It is by far the biggest boil hole I have ever seen dug. Whew!!
Thanks Josh for letting us in on the fun.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    612.7 KB · Views: 179
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    595.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Heres another one with my buddy inside the hole for scale. We had to add some stairs in order to climb back out as we got deeper. All the material we removed had to be hauled out by bucket and over to the high banker. After a while it got hard to hand the buckets up outta the hole.:icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 140

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
to bad you didn't have one of Chuck Lassiters Hydro-Force nozzels or better yet one of Dave Frank's (Vortexrex) suction devices. simply drop it in the hole (Nozzel down) add a supply hose to add the water and watch the hole get real deep real fast! no more digging and raiseing buckets of rock and dirt out!

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats a lot of shoveling hope you got some great color

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WOW! You guys really worked for your take on that one!

How was the gold, do you have any totals for us? :D

MrTim4Gold

Sep 9, 2014
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ya tease! where is the color??! hehe nice hole..working against solid rock gets me excited!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread