My new Video on SierraBlaster

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great video Reed. :occasion14:

Tried to go to the SierraBlaster website, but my anti-virus
went nuts warning me the page was infected with a virus.

OP
OP
Reed Lukens

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video Reed. :occasion14:

Tried to go to the SierraBlaster website, but my anti-virus
went nuts warning me the page was infected with a virus.

Hmmm sounds like the greenies are sneaking around infecting things :) I went there just now and it worked fine.
Home - SierraBlaster

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmmm sounds like the greenies are sneaking around infecting
things :) I went there just now and it worked fine.Home - SierraBlaster

Hmmm..just clicked the link you posted and the Avast popped up with
a warning that there was malware in the page script. I run the paid
version of Avast, and it happens rarely that I get that warning, so
when it does sound off I tend to listen to it.

Could be there's some script running on the page that Avast just doesn't
like....:dontknow:

OP
OP
Reed Lukens

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm..just clicked the link you posted and the Avast popped up with
a warning that there was malware in the page script. I run the paid
version of Avast, and it happens rarely that I get that warning, so
when it does sound off I tend to listen to it.

Could be there's some script running on the page that Avast just doesn't
like....:dontknow:

I will let them know :) Thanks Dizzy :)

DredgerDana

Feb 18, 2015
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, TDI White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am associated with SierraBlaster. Thank you for posting this. Both Shannon Poe and Reed Lukens were kind enough to contact me. Aaron is looking into it now. It has not happened before. I am not even logging in myself until we resolve it. Have asked Aaron to contact the Web Hosting company as they have the best detection software. He left the machine shop and is on the computer now. If you have any additional info on this, not on this thread, you can send it directly to Aaron at [email protected]

Also after signing up today on, TreasureNet which have read many times but never posted on, see several customers have posted kind words about us. Thank You! Also at least three people here have videoed their blasts. We are incorporating those videos into our website, thank you for that too. If you have any, just email Aaron the link.

And the video on top of page by Reed is on YouTube so you can watch that safely.

Best Regards, Dana

Last edited:

DredgerDana

Feb 18, 2015
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, TDI White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At this point it appears that Avast is complaining about the the little red and black SierraBlaster logo in the tab at top of browser. TreasureNet has a gold circle in tab. Aaron has Avast and to the best of his research this appears to be a false positive. I have gone to SierraBlaster.com and get no warnings using two other virus software. Aaron will create an account here and post his final research on this.

Thanks again for the heads up!

SierraBlaster

Feb 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

I appreciate the alert for a possible virus issue with SierraBlaster.com. I figured that some people might mess with the site and have several measures in place to detect and eliminate any issues. After the warning was given, amongst other things, I completed several scans using more than 60 scanning services. I have found no virus, Hack, or malware. So far only AVAST triggers a malicious code warning and the warning is on the image files (Favicon, background, banner, etc.). It is possible for malware to hide in image files and be unknowingly executed by the program that handles images. However since AVAST is the only program to make such an alert it is highly likely to be a false positive. False positives are understandable considering the following from AVAST:

"The AVAST Virus Lab receives more than 50,000 samples of new potential viruses every single day. There are so many that we cannot look at each individually, so we use techniques with super-techie names like Malware Similarity Search and Evo-Gen. (These techniques are explained in a previous blog post, New Toy in the Avast Research Lab.) When a file is confirmed as malicious, we add it to our virus database. With this amount of new samples, every now and then a false positive occurs. There is no way to avoid it completely, but we try to limit it and its impact.”

One of the measures used was a special scanner recommended by AVAST. This scanner also gave no indication of any issue with SierraBlaster.com. A false positive report was sent to AVAST.

Conclusion:
Sierrablaster.com is safe.

Thank you for the heads up

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice to see a company that is so concerned with the security of their web site and is so pro-active in addressing the possible issues brought to their attention by their customers.

I am planning on giving their product(s) a test drive in the near future on my claims. While I was demo qualified in the Army, I never got my state certification. I had considered giving "Chinese Blasting" a try but since I'm in the desert and lots of water is required for this method it only makes sense to give it a try. From what I've seen the Sierra Blasters would be much faster and more effective.

OP
OP
Reed Lukens

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Aaron :) I actually had that problem with the Avast system years ago and then went to Zone Alarm for a couple years after that, then I had it happen with ZA. I'm back to the lowly free AVG that is far from great but since I'm not hitting bad sites, it's worked for years on this laptop and it still runs for now... lol

The Blaster works great as seen in the videos.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Dana and SB. Sorry to have created so
much work for you, but glad that it turned out to
be nothing serious.

Went to the site and got the warning, then cancelled
it and took a good look around the site. Awesome
product!

DredgerDana

Feb 18, 2015
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, TDI White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New Gold Nugget method, getting to bottom of crevices

Thanks Dana and SB. Sorry to have created so
much work for you, but glad that it turned out to
be nothing serious.

Went to the site and got the warning, then cancelled
it and took a good look around the site. Awesome
product!

Hi Dizzy,

We appreciated the notice on it. I have been around or worked in computer field for 30 years, its never perfect and never will be.

In private emails with Reed mentioned a new method we have spotted for placer nuggets. Since folks have been so kind to us on this forum want to pass it along. We are placer gold miners ourselves. That is what led to creation of SB. We have been so busy did not get to mine this summer and try this out, but here is the thought. In the 1950s gold dredgers started mining underwater and and hit the jackpot on places like Kanaka in NorCal. Since then many places on high nugget streams like Kanaka have been dredged probably over 3 times.

I have dredged on Kanaka myself. There would be thin cracks that could just get a Saws-all blade into to try and flick out pickups 6" down. And would get some. But did I get to bottom? probably not and gold will resist coming out more than anything else. In Granite bedrock you can have a 1" joint that could be 5 feet deep. No one has ever seen the bottom.

So here is the thought, bust the sides in with SierraBlaster, and keep going down until you find the real bottom. That is the theory. Hope to try it out this summer. And on one of our claims think the square bedrock potholes created by this method would be great future nugget traps during high water.

Cheers

Last edited:

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dredger Dana and his partner, Aaron are very bright guys and they have some greats ideas up their sleeves. Hopefully, soon Dana can share some of the other things he may have coming to a "store near you". I have seen some of his "beta" stuff, and it is light-years ahead of what anyone else is doing. Hopefully, he can and will talk about his "SUG's" project in the near future. I've been playing with a prototype SUGS unit and it holds huge promise for the "modern, portable miner".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread