Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Per Rep Sheryl Nuxoll:
"HB 51, the dredge mining bill sponsored by Rep. Shepherd, emphasizes the rights of suction dredge mining under the 1872 Federal Mining Claims Act. With opposition from the AG’s office and Rep. Wood who remarked “We cannot set aside federal law...” in referencing EPA regulations, the bill is on the amending order in the House. It may never come out of the amending order. "

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Luke , good reads . Lets all hope HB 51 sails through soon.

IdahoGoldGettR

Mar 13, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was a good turn out with a packed room (plus an additional room) of miners. At the end of the session, it had 9 against it and 9 votes for it (tie vote went to the miners) and so it went to the House for a few small changes. When asked by Rep. Wood as how the miners will defend this right against EPA, Ron Smith backed up his statement with the fact that the miners who suction dredge are protected under the 1872 Federal Mining Claims Act. Among many others, Mr. Smith (from Riggins, Idaho) did a fabulous job with his presentation. I hope the bit of news we hear is of the good kind. Here is a short clip that took place outside the courthouse.

OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the replies. I'm particularly interested in what's going on in Idaho. I aim to do some serious prospecting in this state at some point. There are a few minerals that I have a particular interest in. :thumbsup:

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is The Gem State. You'd have a ball. You don't seem to do too shabby Down South.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bill has been pulled back to a legislative committee. Although the committee earlier in Feb approved the bill , chairman Raybould asked that the bill be pulled back. Mr Shepard will need to come up with a new bill. More than likely the bill is finished for this season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread