desert classifier

cshirsch

Apr 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are few photos of a classifier I made for goldenIrishman. I have another one that I made before this but the parts I used for his are readily available at Home Depot. This really increased my production the last few times I went to SW Arizona. I used a wire drawer, a plastic tub. some 1/4" good quality plywood, some light angle-aluminum, and 1/4" hardware cloth. The drawer fits perfectly into the tub but is still easy to remove so you can dump the larger material. I used mine for about 10 days of hard use before I had to replace the hardware cloth. The last time I was out, I ended up running 40, 5 gal. buckets of 1/4" material. Just thought y'all might like to see this. Any questions or comments are welcome. Chris

classifier1.jpg classifier2.jpg

Upvote 0

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's nice. I built a classifier for my sluice. it's just a wire Frame with a 1/8 screen. it sits in the mouth of the sluice. down in the water it's like a noodles sieve. so all you do is put it down. in the water and 5 he wire Fram holds it I. the flair. once it's and the water won't pull anything else out you just pick it up check it and dump it on the bank. at least I do I try to keep my area nice. o want it to look like I was never there

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I guess that I will just have to meet you at Kentucky Camp on the 15th to pick it up Chris. Thanks for thinking of this poor old miners back as I head out on this adventure of a lifetime. Having used the Mk I version I'm sure it will work even better.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is similar to what i do if I have my drywasher with. I just set up the grizzly hopper and set a bucket under it. Works great. Fast, too.

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I tried to make one with a half of a 30 gallon plastic barrel. The dirt just doesn't want to slide down the plastic. When I find the time, I want to build one, but my highbanker works too well.

OP
OP
C

cshirsch

Apr 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back from Greaterville, Arizona. Unfortunately I got rained out. The first time that has happened out there. I used my classifier which is the prototype for the one I made for Jeff. The hardware cloth just did not hold up. I am going to replace it with much heavier duty wire mesh. It should hold up just fine once that is done. I sure can classify a lot of material in a short time.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back from Greaterville, Arizona. Unfortunately I got rained out. The first time that has happened out there. I used my classifier which is the prototype for the one I made for Jeff. The hardware cloth just did not hold up. I am going to replace it with much heavier duty wire mesh. It should hold up just fine once that is done. I sure can classify a lot of material in a short time.
Hit a goodwill when you're here next.

php03wAQMPM.jpg

The ironing board in the back is a mini-fold out from wall type, they have full size too. Under $10. Toss shovel full, gravel falls down front side, fines fall underneath.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread