Small glory hole

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been hitting this spot on our claim. its near our discovery where I have found the most color. I had mainly sniped and sluiced the are. We powersluiced about thirty feet downstream last year as its the end of the deposit. I decided to move upstream. There was a nice trap in the bedrock that looks like it had been hit before I moved into the are. I decided to follow It into the over burden. Turns out there's only about six inches of loose material from there to bedrock its all hard pack. I've been opening it up over the last week. Ran the power-sluice the last two days because sluicing was just too slow. I needed something to help break up the material. Its turning into a nice drop zone. I have Way more material to run Its hard to clean the crack as the area is filling with water. I got A brass buckle piece two brass bootnails that have a nice patina but, could literally still hold a sole of a boot in place and several concretions of square nails and gravel. The bedrock is serpentine and has rusty spots from the iron sitting on it. The biggest picker is .4 grams. Overall a nice little hole and encouraging as I barely made a dent, it is right where the heavy line should be the bedrock is awesome, and I am digging at the downstream end of the deposit of the material.

Attachments

• IMG_0517 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0517 (1024x768).jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0520 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0520 (1024x768).jpg
    259 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0524 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0524 (1024x768).jpg
    166 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0526 (768x1024).jpg
    IMG_0526 (768x1024).jpg
    212 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0528 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0528 (1024x768).jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yea, I know unfortunately there isn't a close hard point. Don't worry though we'll get 'er done :thumbsup:It iis held up by material so I will have to be cautious as I undermine it . If possible I will pull it of before I remove too much material. It is very close to the creek and I don't want to divert the water into the hole its filling up as it is.

Bar it into the hole now then use the bar to slide it out of the way down that small trench in the center of the picture. Doesn't look like it needs to go all that far to get out of the way, I know real easy for me sittin in my EZ chair right? lol! Have fun! AIN'T NO STEP FOR A HIGH STEPPER!

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on GW!! That's one heck of a haul for a small hole, nice n thick to boot:notworthy: From the pics looks like your working the area where Terry got some good color panning behind that one boulder last spring... Wouldn't expect that much as we barely got a fraction of your take from that good size cut we made close downstream, just goes to show how hit n miss it can be... Imagining a sweet spill of pickers once that boulder is broke loose..
Looks like I can head over Sunday if your free.. I'll bring that beefy hand dredge to leave in the canyon until it runs dry..

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You got some really thick gold in your backyard!

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A big iron bar will move that sucker. Great gold pic's! Thanks for helping with my cabin fever.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking spot and gold, sure wish we had stuff like that here. Give some more pics when you run more material from that spot.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big iron bar will move that sucker. Great gold pic's! Thanks for helping with my cabin fever.

It is a lot bigger then it looks in the picture. Its half on bed rock half on the alluvium...its a little more tricky then that. It will get moved though.

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like such a fun spot to work. I say shop-vac it all when you're done. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like such a fun spot to work. I say shop-vac it all when you're done. :laughing7:
That bedrock will be cleaner than a lot of peoples teethe when we're done with it:headbang:

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks nice man! How many grams did all that come out to being?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread