Small glory hole

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been hitting this spot on our claim. its near our discovery where I have found the most color. I had mainly sniped and sluiced the are. We powersluiced about thirty feet downstream last year as its the end of the deposit. I decided to move upstream. There was a nice trap in the bedrock that looks like it had been hit before I moved into the are. I decided to follow It into the over burden. Turns out there's only about six inches of loose material from there to bedrock its all hard pack. I've been opening it up over the last week. Ran the power-sluice the last two days because sluicing was just too slow. I needed something to help break up the material. Its turning into a nice drop zone. I have Way more material to run Its hard to clean the crack as the area is filling with water. I got A brass buckle piece two brass bootnails that have a nice patina but, could literally still hold a sole of a boot in place and several concretions of square nails and gravel. The bedrock is serpentine and has rusty spots from the iron sitting on it. The biggest picker is .4 grams. Overall a nice little hole and encouraging as I barely made a dent, it is right where the heavy line should be the bedrock is awesome, and I am digging at the downstream end of the deposit of the material.

Attachments

• IMG_0517 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0517 (1024x768).jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0520 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0520 (1024x768).jpg
    259 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0524 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0524 (1024x768).jpg
    166 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0526 (768x1024).jpg
    IMG_0526 (768x1024).jpg
    212 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0528 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0528 (1024x768).jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, love it!

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice looking spot. That would keep me digging for far too long.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes! Very nice gold with some pleasing roughness to it. Bet there is a lot more waiting to be found! :) Keep the pictures coming.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deceiving in the picture that big boulder is huge. Its gonna be interesting when its time to move it.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope I run into something like that soon! Im on my way up to the claim this week and Ive been eying a outcrop of bedrock that is half buried/half exposed, what your working kinda reminds me of it from your pictures. Going to do the same thing just move inwards on it along bedrock and run everything through the zooka and see what I end up with.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope I run into something like that soon! Im on my way up to the claim this week and Ive been eying a outcrop of bedrock that is half buried/half exposed, what your working kinda reminds me of it from your pictures. Going to do the same thing just move inwards on it along bedrock and run everything through the zooka and see what I end up with.
Good luck. I don't know exactly where your claim is or what creek. But, all the drainages in the divide area have color. The key is research and lots of sampling.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My rock creek claim is the one I'm referring to, I notice your up in the same area a lot so I'm sure you probably have heard of it. I was up there Saturday riding around on the dual sport and stopped by the claim, just wanted to sample a few prime spots I had in mind. Spent about 30 minutes there and I was able to produce this from the bedrock that I'm referring to. Only did about 4 pans and with the size it looks very promising.

I'll take a pic and share when I'm back, its just a very similar looking dig. I'm hoping she will surprise me and my gold will look like yours as well! ForumRunner_20150309_181806.png

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My rock creek claim is the one I'm referring to, I notice your up in the same area a lot so I'm sure you probably have heard of it. I was up there Saturday riding around on the dual sport and stopped by the claim, just wanted to sample a few prime spots I had in mind. Spent about 30 minutes there and I was able to produce this from the bedrock that I'm referring to. Only did about 4 pans and with the size it looks very promising.

I'll take a pic and share when I'm back, its just a very similar looking dig. I'm hoping she will surprise me and my gold will look like yours as well! View attachment 1129230
I live very close to your claim. I live in Garden Valley my kids go to school in Georgetown. I dig three to four days will be working our claim as long as there is water. Then it will be sniping on the river and sluicing creeks that are still flowing.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You will have lots of fun under that rock on top of the picture....:goldpan:

I have been laying in bed the last two nights thinking the same thing Hefty:headbang:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome gw, I spend any free time I get around there I can't get enough of that area.. My goal is to make enough money to one day retire somewhere up near Georgetown. Seems like a lot of people I know want the same lol.

Hopefully this summer I'll drop the trailer at camp Chiquita for the month and take a few weeks off and really spend some time there.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bah...a good come-a-long is all you need. Remember, you don't have to pick it up , you only have to roll it over

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bah...a good come-a-long is all you need. Remember, you don't have to pick it up , you only have to roll it over

Yea, I know unfortunately there isn't a close hard point. Don't worry though we'll get 'er done :thumbsup:It iis held up by material so I will have to be cautious as I undermine it . If possible I will pull it of before I remove too much material. It is very close to the creek and I don't want to divert the water into the hole its filling up as it is.

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
GW, kinda looks like my claim. Lots of big rocks to move including the largest boulders that always seem to be on top of the material we are after. I have a hole similar to this on my claim. I've managed to move one of the boulders out of the way but it is still in the hole. Why is it that when you finally do get those boulders to move, you run out of daylight? This has been the story of my life these days. Anyway, nice looking area and great looking gold.

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice pieces there Gw! Wish you luck moving that rock. Can't wait to see what else you find.

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is that where you were off to when we saw you in Coloma? If so, we should have tagged along with you :P Great gold!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread