Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
For those that use buckets here is a nice improvement that makes it easier on you hands.
About 8 to 10 inches of garden hose.
My small contribution to help fellow miners.

And that dirt is about to run through my new homemade
hand operated puffer drywasher.
bucket.jpg

Upvote 0

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Well post pics and a how to on the drywasher. I'm going to need one on the claim this summer. Not expecting the water to be around much past mid May or early June. If I can find a good set of plans, I will build my own. If its not too much to ask, PM me your pics or plans of your DW. Thanks

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you slit that hose wrap it in friction tape or the like after you put it on the bucket, better to slip it on if possible. A wet slit or split hose will cut you to the bone quick like a paper cut.

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice. I actually bought a 2 1/2 gallon I think it is but it's a rubber collapsible bucket I love it for cleaning up. very light and easy to pack. I also use this to dump into my mini and the sniper. the sniper east this thing very fast though. I wish I could find a five gallon bucket like this. I have a canvas 1 that I got for water for the Grizzly 3. Screenshot_2015-03-11-14-27-24.png

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well post pics and a how to on the drywasher. I'm going to need one on the claim this summer. Not expecting the water to be around much past mid May or early June. If I can find a good set of plans, I will build my own. If its not too much to ask, PM me your pics or plans of your DW. Thanks

In case moderator does not like these as links go to billandlindaprospecting.com there are at least two different plans for dry washers here under "The Things" caption on the rt. side. I built the wee washer which is way down the page but there is another fancier one closer to the top.

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Another fix is a short section of PVC pipe with a slot cut into it. Slip it in place and wrap with tape.

Bluestar9

Feb 21, 2015
The Great State of Jefferson
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Attachments

• IMAG0208.jpg
    IMAG0208.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 83

emptyhole

Feb 28, 2014
n. calif.
Detector(s) used
all the prospecting toys
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm tired of the cheap wire handle holders bending or tearing out so I replace them with rope.First I remove the wire then drill the holes out and stick in a grommet on both sides then slide a chunk of garden hose on the rope then tie it in the grommet holes with about the same length as the wire handle.

OP
OP
Bodfish Mike

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
In case moderator does not like these as links go to billandlindaprospecting.com there are at least two different plans for dry washers here under "The Things" caption on the rt. side. I built the wee washer which is way down the page but there is another fancier one closer to the top.

Yep Bills got some good drywasher plans.
I used his plans as a guildline and used what I had laying around.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys mine in a fancy style. I feel lucky when by bucket isn't cracked and still has a wire handle. LOL
I like the handle ideas provided. They ought to save the hands a little bit and the fix is inexpensive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread