• 20150317_163805.jpg
    20150317_163805.jpg
    904.9 KB · Views: 633
Upvote 0

ryanonthevedder

Jan 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that gold from the Fraser River, It has been a long time since I have seen gold from there, my Grandfather would take me there to pan for gold back in 1962, I was 7 years old then. You are lucky to live in an area that has a lot gold, we here in Washington not so lucky, it is hard with all the laws and closures to even find one flake, I know people who will spend all day digging and find 1 or 2 pieces and that makes there day, No one is showing off here but instead very proud of there accomplishment and just want to share there journey. Ed

Thats right from the mighty Fraser. I know I am lucky to be in a place like this. The govt is very friendly to miners and claims are only $100 to stake. We are blessed with water, and simple regulations. I agree that its more about the journey than the destination. Believe me there was a lot of work to produce that amount; we moved 10 yards of material to get there. It is nice to get something that tips the scales from time to time. Got the first picker from the claim last weekend too, but in most cases it would be considered a flake.... but it did make noise when dropped in the pan.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a day it was, met up with "SchoolOfHardRocks" up here from California and showed him what it is like to mine up here, rain, rain snow mix and Hail, it was awesome. First words out of his mouth when he saw the river for the first time was " That's a big river " and it is so green up here. Great guy. He got gold. My take, 20150415_134704d.jpg

Fermion

Jan 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How are you getting that on the Sky? I LIVE on the Sky (1/2 acre waterfront lot) and haven't seen that type of gold in a day. I haven't tried panning in my backyard on the riverbank though because the gravel bar is huge and I didn't want neighbors to see me digging a 5 foot deep hole. I did get a few specks on Olney creek mossing...but not nearly enough to pay for the gas to drive up Sultan Basin road.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Fermion, panning and sluicing are the methods we use and also I will bring in my electric highbanker to a certain place on the Sky. This is typical for 3 to 4 hrs. of mining there. If you tell me where on the Sky you live I can tell you where best to mine, Ed

Fermion

Jan 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will PM you just in case we determine my backyard is an excellent place and 40 people on here show up on Saturday with pan in hand. :-)

OP
OP
M

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will PM you just in case we determine my backyard is an excellent place and 40 people on here show up on Saturday with pan in hand. :-)

I'm sorry. I have to work Saturdays. I can be there on Sunday or Monday if you like. Have pan...will travel.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is a lot of gold

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's what I got yesterday on the sky 20150503_114133a1.jpg Hope you guy's made it to the new site. Let me know how it turned out, Ed

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

How do I make my reservation for my preferred dates? LOL

OP
OP
M

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eds second spot take.

Thank you Ed for all your guidance. We finally found the hard pan but it wasn't until we were exhausted that we found the hard pan you were talking about. Here is a pic of my total for that day. 20150504_151851.jpg

OP
OP
M

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We even went to the left of the big boulder when you first get in. Spent an hour trying to figure out the spot and decided to go back. It was at the end of the day that we found the hard pan. I can't wait to get going on that spot. I need a pick or something. Need to learn how to handle stuff.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You are very welcome, so glad you made it. You need to get a bike, that's how I get in there. I've found many 1/4" flakes there and with my electric high banker I can do 2 grams a day there. Clippers for the berry plants, pry bar a must and a little hand saw will help you out a lot. Ed

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a fun day! Many thanks to mshanygin for the great company and beer, and to ET for the invaluable tips and advice. I'd post a pic of my take but I already loaded it into my bottle. It was similar to yours, mshanygin, but minus that nice kid-sized picker.

The hike back kicked my ass, though! Gold fever is a funny thing - I hated myself at the end of the day. Back was hurting, feet blistered, knees ached, and I was hobbling around the house... Then I woke up this morning and was ready to do it all over again. Can't wait to go back with hindsight and a different tool set.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The gold in our state just mesmerizes me. Fine job!!

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The more you do it the better in shape you will get and soon going two days in a row will be easy, try carrying my high banker, battery and other equipment in our should I say out, I know well how you both felt. Ed

OP
OP
M

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were awesome enough to work towards the bridge but not get far enough to take that picture. I think I am going down there again tomorrow to try to get that shot.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You know you really got gold fever when you run that bridge as I have several times, Why? it is only a 5 minute run from where you park especially when you here that train whistle behind you, Ed DSC00644.JPG Ed

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like I may have been in your neck of the woods yesterday Ed, didn't find that bigger stuff like you had though, maybe one of these days!
05032015.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread