Little bit of Colorado fun on Sunday....

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the wife and kids with me for our first sluice and panning trip as a family. Did not find much gold as we only ran 3 buckets....but we found TONS of fun and relaxation.

Had 9 surgeries and 14 stents from my heart to my left knee in 2014 for blood clots and bad veins. Lucky and happy to be alive. This day was exactly what I needed. 2015 is going to be awesome!

Gold Trip 3222015 024.JPG Gold Trip 3222015 005.JPG Gold Trip 3222015 012.JPG Gold Trip 3222015 011.JPG Gold Trip 3222015 038.JPG Gold Trip 3222015 001.JPG Gold Trip 3222015 008.JPG

Upvote 0

Tonto

Oct 14, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab: XT70, XT17000, Sov XS w/S-1 probe
Tesoro: Lobo ST, Toltec II
Whites 4900, Eagle II SL 90, Spectrum XLT
Falcon MD 20, Whites GMT, TDI Pro, Vibraprobe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that the Arkansas? Sorry to hear about you health issues, but it's good you are feeling good enough to get outside with the family. :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that the Arkansas? Sorry to hear about you health issues, but it's good you are feeling good enough to get outside with the family. :icon_thumright:

Yup it sure is the Ark. Just outside of Salida. Not the best area but it's nice and quiet and nobody bothers us here. Some days we find a bit more....some days a bit less. More about getting out with the kids and wife after the last years scare.

Used to have a desk job doing IT work over the phone and remote PC. Sat on my butt ALOT....then went home and sat some more. That compounded with a thin vein issue since birth made me blood clot heaven.

Had the surgeries and on the proper anti-coagulants for likely the rest of my life. But so what? I am alive and having fun. 2014 is the past and 2015 is today and now! Tomorrow is not guaranteed so prospecting and detecting I shall go!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can't believe your wife is out there in bare feet!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I mean that is dedication for the snow melt that is feeding the Arkansas. Back when my wife _would_ agree to go, she certainly would not sit in cold water barefoot to feed the sluice!

Glad to see you can get out now after all the medical problems. My dad took blood thinners the last decade of his life. It also caused him to bruise easily, so be careful.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya Dave. Both the kids were barefoot later in the day as well. Forget that. I had my waterproof boots on....that cold would do me in.

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My wife and kids would be right in there with yours. I'd at least have on some river shoes myself. Beautiful place your at and Good To Ya Man for surviving such an ordeal. Many good wishes and prospecting days to come.

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go HunterGT, I have been battling heath issues since Dec 2012 and it looks like this summer I to will be back. Nothing better than a day with the family.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is fantastic to hear fishnfacts. Big nuggets for 2015! :occasion14: Thanks for the replies everybody!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread