How To Make A Monster 4" Manual Dredge Suction Pump

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's the other manual hand dredge video describing how I've made a Monster 4" suction pump which will collect twice as much material as the standard 2 1/2" pump per draw. There's a couple of bits just out of shot when I point to them, I underestimated it's size when filming haha but it can all be seen at various angles throughout and I don't have time to make another. Enjoy:

Upvote 0

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's the other manual hand dredge video describing how I've made a Monster 4" suction pump which will collect twice as much material as the standard 2 1/2" pump per draw. There's a couple of bits just out of shot when I point to them, I underestimated it's size when filming haha but it can all be seen at various angles throughout and I don't have time to make another. Enjoy:

I like how you used a tennis ball in the 2 1/2" and a nerf ball for the 4 inch to seal them.

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Cheers, they're perfect seals in both pipes, as they are compressed with the washers they ensure one of the tightest seals available for this type of pump. People sell these in the UK for over £30 ($45) when you can make 2-3 of them for that price just by buying the bits (or using bits lying around). Glad you like them

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you have to go to Scotland to prospect? I've heard there is also gold in Wales but it's the property of the crown?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread