Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Tell the Greenies how it is!
The South Yuba River Citizens League is having a survey! Maybe we can all tell them what we all really think (erm, respectfully yet firmly of course). It's not often activists openly seek outside opinions from my experience, even if you don't live in the area it would be cool to look into this group and give them your opinion of their work.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SYRCL2015

If you aren't familiar with them they are a very active activist organization that puts on a huge festival that stinks up the town in held in every year to convert more to their herd.

Here's their website:
South Yuba River Citizens League

They actively fight anything mining related and are currently involved in blocking a mine near North San Juan.

South Yuba River Citizens League » ?Water for Gold? Film Screening on San Juan Ridge

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks for the post Gilded
i can't remmber the name of this mine, but thier was a public comment meeting in Neveda city last year on this and SYRCL were agasin't the mining outfit doing Reclamation work

this is a copy and paste from FB

Call to Action Alert! All Hands on deck! Tuesday, April 14th at 0930 at the State Capital!
Concord, CA. April 8th, 2015 - This is a serious call to action for the state senate hearing on SB 637 where we simply need BUTTS IN SEATS.
Miners simply need to show up in mass to show opposition to this senate bill that would require you to obtain (pay for) a water discharge permit to run any of your mining gear including a sluice box. This is just another attack on the small scale miner, mainly aimed at dredgers but imposes draconian measures on all mining within rivers, streams and creeks. The bill totally ignores years of scientific studies and is riddled with falsehoods, just to stop small scale miners from mining.
The state natural resources committee, made up of 9 state senators, meets this Tuesday to vote on if this bill will move forward. The senator (Allen) that "wrote" the bill is a newly elected senator from Orange County. My opinion is he might be paying back campaign contributions from someone with an environmental agenda. Why would a rookie senator from Orange County "write" and enter a bill that has nothing to do with his own district but hurts rural districts' small businesses? Nothing new. Just another cheap shot at the small scale mining community.
Of all the times we need a show of support, now is the most critical. If passed, this bill would devastate your mining activities and we might as well change our name to the East Bay Golf and Tennis Club because we won't be mining.
I know that many folks want to help but fear public hearings. You don't have to speak! Shannon Poe of AMRA is speaking on our behalf. What is typically done is we all fill out a speaker card with "I cede my time to Shannon Poe". If I choose to speak, I will ask members of EBP to stand and raise their hands in a show of support to the opposition of this bill just to show how many miners support the opposition of the bill. All you need to do is show up.
Look for carpooling info on the website soon. I can't stress enough how important a large turnout by miners is at this point.
Hope to see you at the Capital next Tuesday and again, watch for carpooling info on the website. (Feel free to start the carpooling thread on your own if I haven't)
Dale Myer
Communications Officer
Website Administrator
About East Bay Prospectors
Our Mission
East Bay Prospectors is dedicated to providing education and increase public awareness of prospecting and mining, while maintaining responsible environmental conservation.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is the group Gilded is talking about, a group that condems our very existence but puts on workshops for responsible illegal gorilla pot grows down in the watersheds of the Yuba! Insanity! In their anti mining schpeal against the reopening of the old mine they talk about the thriving economy in the community of North San Juan? Huh? Anyone been there lately? There's a dozen or so well to do yuppie transplants funding and capitalizing on the large commercial "medicine" pot farms. Any guesses what organization they are part of? And their nomadic following of a hundred or so "Rainbow Tribe" trimmers and garden tenders lounging about town in large "drum" circle fashion clogging up the only parking lot in town, as well as laying all over the boardwalk blocking the way into the Pizza parlor and Bar. Don't remember it being that way when it was a small mining, and ranching community. Before you judge, I'm no prude just refuse to be a hypocrite.

Way to go Gilded keep it up and don't stop fighting for your community! You are definitely in the lions den of it all. Try to keep your sanity by frequent trips to the creek with that zooka!

From their website, sign up early as I'm sure it fills fast;

Growing Green for the Yuba

Saturday March 21st, 9:30am-5:30pm

A Best Management Practices Workshop on Sustainable & River-Friendly Cultivation

We want to inspire the community to engage in sustainable and ecologically sound marijuana cultivation in the Yuba watershed. Our scientists and concerned community members recognize that the overuse of chemical pesticides and herbicides, diversion and storage of water, and alteration of the terrain and vegetation lead to pollution and algae blooms in our streams and rivers, loss of late season stream flow, and the inadvertent poisoning of wildlife.

Event Details

Growing green poster
Click photo to download printable poster
When: Saturday March 21st, 2015 from 9:30am-4:30pm (Networking/Happy Hour: 4:30pm-5:30pm)

Location: Shady Creek Event Center (18601 Pathfinder Way, Nevada City 95959)

Cost: $20 pre-sale/$30 @ the door (includes lunch)

Space is Limited- get your ticket soon!

Tickets are available at BriarPatch, Mother Truckers, the SYRCL office or at the door.

Click for Workshop Schedule

Online Resources:

Online Best Management Practices Guide (Source: Emerald Growers Association)
Printable Best Management Practices Guide (Source: Emerald Growers Association)
Environmental Protection Information Center (EPIC) Website on Pollution Pot

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"We want to inspire the community to engage in sustainable and ecologically sound marijuana cultivation in the Yuba watershed. ]Our scientists and concerned community members recognize that the overuse of chemical pesticides and herbicides, diversion and storage of water, and alteration of the terrain and vegetation lead to pollution and algae blooms in our streams and rivers, loss of late season stream flow, and the inadvertent poisoning of wildlife."

......................But they don't/won't work with the mining community to "inspire" them to do the same things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Notice the understanding tone of how they "recognize" the ill effects that growing may induce, "but don't you worry we'll work with ya to get through this man, hey don't bogart the J, pass it around" AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry for the Hi-jack Gilded these people drive me insane!

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
"We want to inspire the community to engage in sustainable and ecologically sound marijuana cultivation in the Yuba watershed. ]Our scientists and concerned community members recognize that the overuse of chemical pesticides and herbicides, diversion and storage of water, and alteration of the terrain and vegetation lead to pollution and algae blooms in our streams and rivers, loss of late season stream flow, and the inadvertent poisoning of wildlife."

......................But they don't/won't work with the mining community to "inspire" them to do the same things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Notice the understanding tone of how they "recognize" the ill effects that growing may induce, "but don't you worry we'll work with ya to get through this man, hey don't bogart the J, pass it around" AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry for the Hi-jack Gilded these people drive me insane!

These pot growers are the same people that shut down dredging from the Kurok Indians on the Klamath River.. They want their freedom to grow pot, but take away our freedom to legally mine for gold!

Hypocritical! To say the least!

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No worries about hijacking. After all this group is deeply embedded in totally submerging Nevada County in their pot culture/religion. If you sincerely need pot for medicinal purposes and have a written and legal prescription and its proven to help you out than i get that. But the culture that is being propagated here is not actually about that. We get people from thousands of miles flooding into our towns every season, and along with the people that grow (who dump gallons of nasty chemicals and fertilizers onto these plants) raid the area, steal from the local hardware stores and God forbid if you aren't sure about pot or just plain don't like it or are allergic to it these people will verbally trash you. They preach tolerance and good voodoo vibes but the twitch an eyebrow at them and they come unglued and tell you if you don't like it then you need to move elsewhere, even though you are the native and they came up from the Bay Area. They want to replace our history of gold and replace it with the idol of pot. The people that tend to grow in the area are one of two (usually) cultures. The hippie new ager activists (local and transplants) and then you have the adult version of the stoner boys from high school that haven't changed a bit. They are like a cross between a stoner and a wangster. This is obviously a generalization but it paints an accurate picture.

The area is I believe a key fighting grounds for our gold history and rights and you can tell how much the greenies know this by how hard they have sowed their activist seeds and polluted public opinion. Not to mention keeping the drug culture (let's face it most of these growers preach medicine but are growing for greedy hands and only want a legal high) from becoming the norm.

Ok now i need to go sluicing

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did the survey

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well put and spot on Gilded! I deleted my last post, was pretty much a fullblown rant.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you I appreciate that, When your Hubby gets better you all will have to come up to the claim for a visit, I can entertain ya all for hours as I'm well versed at ranting on many subjects!

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I took the survey. What a bunch of hypocrites they are. Keep up the fight Gilded!!

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you I appreciate that, When your Hubby gets better you all will have to come up to the claim for a visit, I can entertain ya all for hours as I'm well versed at ranting on many subjects!

That sounds like a plan! Or he can sit on the bank and I'll dig lol.

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
$19,699 and all you do is put up signs and survey fisherman???? :dontknow:

"The Sierra Fund, Northern California, Yuba and Bear watersheds in Nevada, Sierra, Yuba, and Placer Counties ($19,699) The Sierra Fund, in partnership with South Yuba River Citizens League, Wolf Creek Community Alliance, and the Sierra Native Alliance will mobilize community members to post 200 fish consumption advisory signs near popular fishing locations, campgrounds and bait shops in the Yuba and Bear River watersheds. The project will also survey at least 60 anglers to ensure they are aware of the health risks of eating certain species of fish caught in the Sierra."

CalEPA Doubles Grants for Environmental Justice

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think with the mentality this group has answering the survey won't matter. They're the types that will just throw away the surveys that don't agree with their agenda.

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would think with the mentality this group has answering the survey won't matter. They're the types that will just throw away the surveys that don't agree with their agenda.

Well they need to at least see that not the whole planet subscribes to your BS.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually that is a wonderful thing for them to do, tell folks all about a danger that their body already compensates for. In fact if they would leave us alone I'd send them money to keep on keepin on with the fish surveys and angler warnings. IDJITS!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread