South Carolina Trespassing Prospectors

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We own some land with creeks in Upstate, South Carolina... Some bold prospectors decided to back their truck, and equipment to my creek on my land... THIS IS NOT OK TO DO WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!! I have since posted the property.

Folks you need permission to prospect, pan, dredge, sluice, or even enter someone else's property. I am posting this because I figure someone with that quality of equipment might be on this forum. And these people definitely owe me an apology. If I haven't given you permission to prospect on my land, you should not be doing it.

That really chapped my hide. People get permission from property owners or find another hobby.

I enjoy prospecting (new at it, but having a blast). I understand seeing a spot you just gotta try... But don't do so on my land unless I have given you permission... :BangHead:

Would it upset you if it were your property?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This should be a warning to all those who want to get the BLM to give up the land to thiefs like BUNDY, once the west is privatized it will be all over for all you who complain about government, you wil have no where to go.. BLM has problems and needs improved, but they are holding the land for everybodys access. More and more people are going to try to steal land set aside for everybody under the disguise of anti government rethoric. Nothing against private property, but most of us are not rich enough to guarantee access

‘There once was a time in history when the limitation of governmental power meant increasing liberty for the people. In the present day the limitation of governmental power, of governmental action, means the enslavement of the people by the great corporations, who can only be held in check through the extension of governmental power.’
- Theodore Roosevelt, ‘Limitation of Governmental Power’ address at the Coliseum, San Francisco, September 14, 1912

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Gold bug 2 , XP Deus , ctx3030
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey sorry for the trouble with trespassers , i wanna use this to ask you for your permission to prospect your property , i m small prospector usually just pan and sluice , mayby high banker .
I have friend that have a property that way that i prospect last year a little .
Mayby i could help you put some camera there or something .

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This should be a warning to all those who want to get the BLM to give up the land to thiefs like BUNDY, once the west is privatized it will be all over for all you who complain about government, you wil have no where to go.. BLM has problems and needs improved, but they are holding the land for everybodys access. More and more people are going to try to steal land set aside for everybody under the disguise of anti government rethoric. Nothing against private property, but most of us are not rich enough to guarantee access

‘There once was a time in history when the limitation of governmental power meant increasing liberty for the people. In the present day the limitation of governmental power, of governmental action, means the enslavement of the people by the great corporations, who can only be held in check through the extension of governmental power.’
- Theodore Roosevelt, ‘Limitation of Governmental Power’ address at the Coliseum, San Francisco, September 14, 1912

Hi Pat

.When a government really represents the people .Today there are no goverments.Goverments of countries have to work like enterprises.They have to make money.So basically the are only economic zones.Look at the road that the western world is driving.No beeing a privat land doesn,t mean it.s there for the public, With the good old salami tactics so called public land becomes a territory where you barely can,t walk thru without breaking a law.(or payng a fee gets modern i heard.)The goal of the agenda 21 (if i understand it correctly)is to remove the privat property owners from the rural lands,take the lands and shut them down for both privat and "public"Obviously there will be exceptcions if you are one of the biggest 20 or so that will feed the world in the future.I don,t like to mix up the average privat landowner with the really big corps.Actually a Really big company from my neighborhood is bottling californian groundwater and sells it back tou you ,nice isn,t it?There is a balanced measure for everything.Only privat lands with no trespassing allowed is a problem,and so is "public land"that forbidds everything,closes acces roads etcetc. Think of the other way.Say you want to make a living or a extra buck with one of this rural activities(mining,hunting,fishing,farming)As long as as i can at least DREAM of achieving that goal one day,of having something that i can work (also if it likely will never happen) i can go on with my life as a working slave(with health insurance)I could still live with the idea of having a law that allows trespassing ,say at a certain distance from my house for example-or that allows prospecting (after an application)with hand tools in the creek that crosses my property for say,so many prospector per soandso many feets .Common sense should make laws.The road today seems not good for both the average privat landowner and for citicens like you and me.

P.s. But shure not in the way they did on florist web,s property

Last edited:

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there were laws that prevented monied interest from buying our government, they were called regulations and agencies that enforced them. Then came Deregulation that allowed corruption to flourish because bad behavior was now legal, lobbys and K street use to be called Graft and bribery, they gutted the Federal Securities agency so they could loot wall street. There was a time government was ran for "We the people" but we in our blindness gave that all up with deregulation. There will always be some form of government wheather it is a warlord or corporation or the one by the people. people need to be well informed with the truth instead of BS. We went threw this once before, people should study the history and words of both Teddy Roosevelt

There once was a time in history when the limitation of governmental power meant increasing liberty for the people. In the present day the limitation of governmental power, of governmental action, means the enslavement of the people by the great corporations, who can only be held in check through the extension of governmental power.’

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread