Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Guys, here is a video showing 2 different gold prospecting sluices. These gold sluices were used by my friends while on our first gold prospecting trip of the year. The sluices are the AUwsome gold sluice which was available on ebay last year and Goldpanners Supersluice. The AUwsome gold sluice is metal framed, has fine ribbed matting at the top followed by shark tooth matting. The Supersluice is a drop riffle sluice with no matting, it's moulded from fibreglass and all ribs etc and made in to the mould. Both are great to use, lightweight, easy to set up and to take out gold prospecting.

As always feel free to comment on the video, like it and subscribe for more as they come, cheers:

https://youtu.be/Xtk1Z7p6NRQ

Upvote 0

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the LeTrap has them both beat.... jmho......:dontknow:

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Apparently the Le-trap is quite flimsy compared to the supersluice as the le-trap is plastic where as the supersluice is fibreglass and there's a video out there balancing their motorbike on one to show how strong they are, I'll post that vid if I can find it. Ideally the blue supersluice in the video could have done with being in deeper, faster flowing water but as it wasn't my own set up, I wasn't going to start re-arranging my mates set up when he was happy with it as it was.

::: found the bike video:

I don't think a lot of non-metal sluices would take this

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
yeah thats another good video, totally different sluices to what mine shows though as the sluices I covered are made in the UK rather than the US and then having to be imported https://youtu.be/Xtk1Z7p6NRQ

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Angus Mackirk sluices here in the US are similar to that blue drop riffle. I have one and loved it until I found the fluid bed sluices (Bazooka Goldtrap)...no more classifying or feeding with a coffee cup (lol) for me! Shovel, shovel, shovel = more gold per trip!

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Cheers Kev, a lot of people who run the blue sluices actually shovel or pump straight in to their sluices letting the drop riffles catch the gold while larger rocks slide over the top of the steps, there's videos out there showing people directly pumping into these sluices, my mate in the video just likes to slowly feed his instead so he can watch for any gold in the top riffles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread