ET1955 & Washington Gold!

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
First I want to give a huge thanks to Ed AKA ET1955 for the hospitality. I was recently visiting the Seattle area from California and asked for advice or if someone could show me around when I arrived. Ed agreed to let me be his digging buddy for the day and after meeting at his home, he drove me out to a river that he prospects. He showed me where and how to find the gold there, as well as knowledge on how to read rivers and find gold. Days like those are for sure to be remembered and I will be forever grateful for. I found some nice gold only using a pan and shovel (and one of Ed's custom classifiers). The only bad part of it all is that I had my gold in my snuffer bottle in a plastic bag and just threw it on the hotel floor when i got back to my room, figuring that i would dry it out and put it in a vial the following day because i was tired from mining all day. Well, the next day when i arrived at my hotel I opened the door and thought to myself "dang, the cleaning lady did one hell of a job today", and then I later discovered that she did too good of a job and even threw out my gold lol. At least I have the photos and evenmore the memories of prospecting a washington river with a knowledgeable and good man. Thanks Ed! I think i added photos but the photo uploader appears to be smarter than i am lol.

Attachments

• 20150411_135007.jpg
    20150411_135007.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 143
Upvote 0

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey, I understand. In my study, I had a small amount of flour gold in a teacup drying out. The next day I came in and the cup was gone. So I asked my darling wife, "What happened to the cup in my study?" The answer?

"I washed it."

"What?? That had gold in it?"

"Gold? It looked like dirt and I wiped it into the garbage."

As luck would have, the garbage was picked up that morning. Sigh.

Had she washed it down the drain, I might have taken the trap off to see what I could recover. :)

So, sorry for your loss; I feel your pain. And thanks for sharing the experience and the picture.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I put the DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door..... They can clean the room after I am gone..... I don't need some nosy house keeper "Tidying Up".......

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a bummer to have your gold chucked! It truly came to an inglorious end . . .

Nice picture of your find regardless.

All the best,

Lanny

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed is an awesome guy and has really opened my eyes in regards to reading rivers. I was looking forward to meeting up with both of you at that spot, but plans changed at the last minute. I guess I missed out on some pretty interesting weather too.

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed is the most interesting person I have met in a decade or more. I swear he has a natural instinct to sniffing out the gold.
Learned more from him then from any club.

Last edited:

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Feeling pretty humble here, thanks guy's. Sorry about the lost gold but what you learned and experienced will serve you for the rest of your life's mining journey's. Developing the instinct is so important and it does take a lot of time and passion. The more rivers you mine the better you will get. Looking forward to see you guy's soon, Ed

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL what a bummer
hey at least ya didn't set the snuffer bottle down on the river edge, have the dog knock it over and then chase it down the river, only to watch it sail away
feel for ya

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think almost everyone of us has a similar story to tell! In my case I dropped it in the carpet in my back hall way. I got up what I could...when we pull that rug up someday I gonna rinse it out and check the pad underneath it too but most likely I won't find much. So it goes! A mistake you only make once though right?!!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think almost everyone of us has a similar story to tell! In my case I dropped it in the carpet in my back hall way. I got up what I could...when we pull that rug up someday I gonna rinse it out and check the pad underneath it too but most likely I won't find much. So it goes! A mistake you only make once though right?!!

Yep; just once. Though I might still make other stupid mistakes, I don't leave -100 mesh gold in teacups anymore. :(

OP
OP
SchoolOfHardRocks

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Well thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone with the lost gold. Had a couple of other photos that i tried to add displaying the beautiful green Washington forest but epic fail on uploading those lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread