Arizona Mining Assay Reports

Apr 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I am new to the website, and hope this is the right place to post a question. If it's not, please let me know which forum is correct.

I own gold and copper mining property in arizona and have an assay report from the 1950s. I am needing impute on what the the valuations mean in terms of the worth in mining the property. My ultimate goal here is setting a market value for the land and mineral rights, and claims. Thanks so much for any help.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moved to gold prospecting....

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Assays don't mean much when it comes to valuing mining properties. Drill reports or better yet production reports with smelter receipts can help establish value.

Is this a patented property? If so you should have production reports in your First Half - Mineral Entry Final Certificate (FHFC) attached to the patent grant.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
S
Apr 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clay: Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, the 60 acres of property and 3 claims are patented. it was mined in the 1950s for gold copper and silver. This property and claims have been inherited throughout 3 generations and so far have not been able to find the FHFC. Do you know if this certificate would have been recorded with any government agencies where I could get a copy? I have contacted a few realtors to determine an price per acre, or at least a range of price so I know what I could possibly list for.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The First Half Certificate should have been kept with the Letters Patent package. It was filed by the Secretary of the Interior when the Patent was applied for.

If the original Patent you have doesn't have the First Half Certificate you should be able to find it with the General Land Office copy of your Patent Record.

For more information on the history of the mine and possibly production records you can search the Arizona Geological Survey historical mining documents. They have a huge and very comprehensive collection. If the records you are looking for are not online yet just send them an email and they will put them online for you within a few days.

You can probably get everything you need to help establish the value of your property from those two online sources. Having mining records will help establish the real value of your property so it's worth chasing them down.

If you have any records that the Arizona Geological Survey doesn't yet have please consider donating copies for their collection. They are a great resource and one of the few government agencies that go above and beyond.

Heavy Pans

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread