100 year rule broken

gold hound

Mar 16, 2014
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx, bgt 24" sniper,jobe45, cascade mini high banker, gold buddy vibra-lite colt drywasher, homemade gold vac, keene 140 drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's said by some that regardless of what I do, in 100 years it won't matter... Nobody will remember!!! I say bull malarkey!!! Found a piece of metal 2 days ago, almost went into trash but decided to keep it. It reads boyce moto meter.
Googled it, and found it was a radiator cap for a 1910-1920 car. Pretty cool except it was found in the desert.
I imagine the worst, yet hope for the best... Regardless, I remember almost 100 years ago when somebody's car overheated. God only knows the outcome, yet almost 100 years later I found a souvenir left behind by possibly somebody u are related to. Point is, is that whoever left this behind, left a trace of himself behind. It matters to me that I found it... So, however insignificant it may seem.... Somebody remembered!!!!! 100 year rule debunked!!!

Upvote 0

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time is ageless

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A small hand blown green bottle sitting in the middle of a large rocky flat in Western Australia. No tree's for a kilometer, no signs of activity for several kilometers. Nearest town in the day of that bottle was 150k and the nearest Homestead more than 70k. Yet I walked up on this small monument while detecting. Stopped and picked it up and wondered. I found the weathered remains of the wire that kept the cork in but no cork. I turned off my detector and just spent 20 min having a drink myself and trying on the shoes of the one who left the bottle there. Who knows, in a hundred years someone else may stop at that bottle as well and think about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread