Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well the people in charge of rules and regulations are temporary, and their minds can be changed as to the best use of PUBLIC LANDS. So it is good, I have seen restrictions here in the public parks and woods change from not being allowed to actual support for activities. It just happens that where you are at, the other interest have had more success for their cause. At least you still have hope as they haven't been closed to the public like private property is. I hope prospectors get better at getting their message to more people. threatning them will harden opposition, at hurt public perception

Yea the "best use" opinion can change. Especially when real science wins out.

I DO NOT nor have I ever had a problem with areas being declared off limits such as wilderness. BUT what I do have a problem with is areas being declared wilderness that do not now nor will they ever meet the qualifications for wilderness.

All to often this is ignored, Reports. When locals are engaged and listened to, the results are quite often spectacular.

It may be public land, but what right does someone from New York City, who more than likely never visit the area, have to tell those that live there how they should be "managing" the area?

And using what was done a 100 years ago in the mining sector to scare people is disingenuous at best and down right criminal at worst.

As a miner, there are several thins that I agree with though. We should be held responsible to clean up our messes. And surprisingly enough it can be done if certain people are told to sit down and shut up, the adults in the room are taking over.

What you and everyone else need to understand is that due to all the lawsuits from the eco freaks, a once dirty industry has become one of the better success stories in the country. Yes mining can be environmentally friendly with proper reclamation and this is scaring a lot of people.

Reclamation Stories - Metals | Minerals Education Coalition For all the eco freaks to read and weep over.

Ace 250

Jul 8, 2012
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now about the only thing I can do is donate money. I am currently in communist Maine and unable to do any mining. I used to live on the west coast and it breaks my heart to see this happening. I truly hope you guys who are relying on small scale mining for income can somehow find your way to more prosperous times. I love prospecting and wish I was able to do more of it. Some of us do care...

This guy man he got it right he knows how to fix America [emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631] long live freedom bro

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A New Yorker or Texan or Chicago man are part owners of Public land as much as the people who live near it and have just as much say, power lays in ownership and who is assigned to manage it, being NEAR something doesn't carry any more authority for anything, and everybody has the right to petition grievances about it and what it is used for

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the PLP can keep prospecting alive as a activity, and lots of other things I like to do. Because soon I am going to take a couple of months to go to California and find me a Big Nugget.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you guys really think that you donating to the PLP , pays the way for us full timers to keep mining,
if so i could use some fuel, food and boots for my feet seems they forgot my $$$ to pay my way on this project.

We pay our own way in mining with the blood,sweat n tears of good old fashioned hard work !!!!!

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Do you guys really think that you donating to the PLP , pays the way for us full timers to keep mining,
if so i could use some fuel, food and boots for my feet seems they forgot my $$$ to pay my way on this project.

We pay our own way in mining with the blood,sweat n tears of good old fashioned hard work !!!!!

I donate to keep these lands open for all of us. Not just the full time guys but also the weekend warriors. Not just the prospectors but also the hikers, campers, off readers, and on and on. This is all our lands. I don't want it all locked up so I can't take some time with my son and show him the west, or how to sluice, go 4x4ing or even just hiking. The opposition wants everyone locked out of the public lands and even private lands. PLP is the BEST defense we have.

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we all pay our way with blood sweat and tears with old fashioned hard work in our professions day by day, and some are chained to a clock, to earn our free time so we can enjoy prospecting, it is personal choice as to how and the chances we take

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
i dont mean to ragg on youall,
thanks to all that do there part either by donations or just cleaning up after others that use our public lands.

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
It's good to know that these organizations support one another as well. PLP, GPAA & AMRA all support one another.

A very important announcement with GPAA and AMRA - American Mining Rights Association

From PLP website: "We want to thank all who are supporting Public Lands For The People for keeping us in this David and Goliath battle. A special thank you to AMRA who donated 25% of their net proceeds from the GPAA raffle at the Las Vegas gold show to PLP. Thanks again to GPAA/LDMA for their continued support..."

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMHO and my limited knowledge on the various groups on "our side", I believe donating to PLP will get you the most bang for your buck. I have e-mailed the Pres and got immediate responses. He also mailed me Challenge cards so that IF I am WRONGFULLY denied my rights by any LEO, I should fill out the card and submit it to PLP for review and any actions to make it right. I couldn't ask for more than that. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
IMHO and my limited knowledge on the various groups on "our side", I believe donating to PLP will get you the most bang for your buck. I have e-mailed the Pres and got immediate responses. He also mailed me Challenge cards so that IF I am WRONGFULLY denied my rights by any LEO, I should fill out the card and submit it to PLP for review and any actions to make it right. I couldn't ask for more than that. :thumbsup:

Absolutely, PLP is a stand up organization. We all need every defense we can get in this fight.

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A New Yorker or Texan or Chicago man are part owners of Public land as much as the people who live near it and have just as much say, power lays in ownership and who is assigned to manage it, being NEAR something doesn't carry any more authority for anything, and everybody has the right to petition grievances about it and what it is used for

I used to think like you. That everyone had the right to a say in things. Not anymore, though.

I don't just preach on here, I do practice what I say. In 2008 I made a decision to move here from PA due to the fact that I could not live the way I wanted to. I moved here to AZ because I could live the way I wanted to. I didn't stay in PA and fight to force everyone to live the way I wanted to. I DON'T have that right. Just as those back there DO NOT have the right to tell how to live.

There are very few places left where I can live as I choose. If I choose to mine for a living, then that is my right as an American. If people don't like it, then they need to move to an area more to there liking and stop trying to force their lifestyle down my throat.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no I did not say everybody has a say equally, everybody has a stake in the property, and we agree someone has to take care of it for us all and thru the tried and true methods of governance by the Constitution and thru representatives have set up the authority. We may not agree with their decisions but we have way of addressing these grievances. Nothing is Free in this world, and gaining authority by moving nearby is not one way of accomplishing authority.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"There are very few places left where I can live as I choose" you will find out that applies to the world. Money is power is freedom to live like you want, if you don't have any, you better get some, it has been the way of the world a long time. You will always find some kind of authority, even if it is a local warlord or a large armed family even those need some kind of wealth to support their power. You can go to the remote places of the world and still will have to interact to survive. You will find a authority everywhere you go. you complain about it in AZ too

Last edited:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
no I did not say everybody has a say equally, everybody has a stake in the property, and we agree someone has to take care of it for us all and thru the tried and true methods of governance by the Constitution and thru representatives have set up the authority. We may not agree with their decisions but we have way of addressing these grievances. Nothing is Free in this world, and gaining authority by moving nearby is not one way of accomplishing authority.

No offense Pat, but it must be nice living in your world. The decisions made are not that easy. More often than not the locals are "outvoted" by those from other areas. The USFS and BLM go by the most comments supporting a certain management idea. Been that way for a long time with the idea of they are "serving" the most people and everyone else is just "fringe users".

This is why PLP, BRC, and a whole host of other orgs. have been created.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"There are very few places left where I can live as I choose" you will find out that applies to the world. Money is power is freedom to live like you want, if you don't have any, you better get some, it has been the way of the world a long time. You will always find some kind of authority, even if it is a local warlord or a large armed family even those need some kind of wealth to support their power. You can go to the remote places of the world and still will have to interact to survive. You will find a authority everywhere you go. you complain about it in AZ too

I have money. Money is easy. Making sure it doesn't change who you are and make you greedy, now, that is the hard part.

Power is easy too. The problem with that is making sure your ready to pay the piper when he comes calling. And I am warming up my flute.

timberjack

Sep 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kayakrat.......go to the jefferson mining districts website and wacth the vidieo of the idaho forest managers in a meeting with representatives of the local goverment that they are trying to destroy ,,,,,, and get an education......our govt. Agencis represent sepcial intrests i.e. the enviromental special interests.......now go read the mission statement for the usfs,,,what does the first page say? our govt. Agencies activly disobey their stated mission and try to keep us off our land,,,,,outfits like plp,amra,jefferson mining district fight to keep our rights.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread