One of the good guys

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Louis Gohmert [r Tx] during a Joint Legislative Hearing ,told 2 federal land officials " I come bearing good news. I think if your employees keep up the arrogance , keep denying access to the land then very soon we'll be able to dramatically cut your employees back and turn those powers over to the states." also " Some of us have been pushing for a while- lets just dramatically cut back the Forest Service , The BLM, the Dept of Interior and let each state manage the Federal Land within it's bounderies. "

Upvote 0

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if that happened what makes you think the state will be on your side? They have their own special interest.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
We've been lucky so far. The states would be much more difficult to work with I'm sure. At least where I live.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Because the elected officials in a state are closer to the voters, they'd be much more accountable. The problem with the federal employees, is you can't get rid of the bad ones....very very few Feds are ever discharged. The result is alot of bad people making decisions that affect the public. I'm not a big fan of giving the states control, but what we have now isn't working in the public interest, and it continues to worsen.
Jim

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The state I live (Kalifornistan) I'm for sure positive wouldn't be better off, but what I believe would happen is we would serve as the sacrificial lamb to show the other states that are waking up what not to do, ie take one for the team, hopefully forcing a change that will turnaround the direction we are currently going.- Some states already know how to manage their affairs-Idaho,Arizona, Alaska, Wyoming, the Dakotas, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana -etc, if we are lucky it would start a domino effect. Although I wonder if it would make it easier for California to split up like it should, thats an interesting thought to ponder..

OP
OP
R

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because the elected officials in a state are closer to the voters, they'd be much more accountable. The problem with the federal employees, is you can't get rid of the bad ones....very very few Feds are ever discharged. The result is alot of bad people making decisions that affect the public. I'm not a big fan of giving the states control, but what we have now isn't working in the public interest, and it continues to worsen.
Jim
That is the key factor ,accountabilty. The closer to the local level ,the better. Besides removing funding and personnel from the BLM &F.S. is a wonderful first step

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if that happened what makes you think the state will be on your side? They have their own special interest.
Feds have failed miserably so why not let the states.... Remember 10th Amendment.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was tried before, it was a disaster, in everyway.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Constitution did not put feds as overlord over our state lands...

10th Amendment
" The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
n. Article VI, section 2 of the U. S. Constitution which reads: "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, any thing in the Constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding."
that old idea was thrown out with the Articles of Confederation, was fought over and was denied by Supreme Court rulings. Federal law is law of the land. If nation divided again foreign powers will destroy what is left. A fools errand as United we stand divided we fall.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typical.... Federal law is NOT the law of the land, the Constitution is the law of the land.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
n. Article VI, section 2 of the U. S. Constitution which reads: "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, any thing in the Constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding."
that old idea was thrown out with the Articles of Confederation, was fought over and was denied by Supreme Court rulings. Federal law is law of the land. If nation divided again foreign powers will destroy what is left. A fools errand as United we stand divided we fall.

Did you bother to read article one section eight?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just look at what calif has done to dredging, highbanking and now even a lousy sluicebox for the past 7 years. And you want them to have the ultimate say with no higher authority to appeal this insanity? so-no not never-John

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just look at what calif has done to dredging, highbanking and now even a lousy sluicebox for the past 7 years. And you want them to have the ultimate say with no higher authority to appeal this insanity? so-no not never-John

Please forgive my ignorance, but how are the federales holding back the infringements of your state government at the present time?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread