Down about $600 dollars - Lost my backpack in the river along with my new GoPro!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whelp yesterday was a horrible day.

I went sniping on lower Clear Creek with the family and friends.
While no one was looking my 3 year old tossed my backpack into the creek and the water took it.

This was just above the Gorge where the Salmon Viewing area is, down from the yellow BLM gate.

I always bring everything down with me and keep it away from the water.
I had my only set of truck and house keys in it, my GoPro, My wallet and ALL cash that I had and misc tools.
I had to break out the ignition to be able to drive home.

Here are my losses for the day, and everything that was in my wallet was all the money that I have - I am in between work and this is hitting me hard. :(

$300: Brand new GoPro Hero 3+ Silver (I just replaced this one too!)
$80: Jansport hiking camelback backpack
$15: Wallet (ALL of my cards, every last important card that I have)
$30: New ID
$45+: cash in my wallet
$50: Re-Key my trucks doors
$30: New Ignition cylinder
$50: Misc tools, weights, sunblock, DEET spray, allergy medicine and gloves.

I am thinking about running a raffle to try to make up for my losses today.

(content removed)

It really sucks to be as broke as I am right now but I am between work and cant bounce back from this easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Maxlfty

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to know how cold is the water in clear creek?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TH. Yeah, that question was a bit thorny but I didn't want anyone questioning my character because of his post.
Of course that's the first time I have publicly said that I am on Food Stamps, its embarrassing but essential.

Max the water temp is actually nice right now.
The release of water has dropped a little bit and the 100+ degree days make it all that much better.

Usually it hurts to get into the water, now its just slightly above that point. HA!
It still hurts the ears & feet a little bit until you get acclimated to the temps.

I was making mercury cleanup video's the day before my backpack took a swim.
I will be able to post those video's because I uploaded them the same night, I also have a Fathers Day gold video that I will posting, the lil nugget in that video is what I am going to include in my facebook raffle.
The gold from the Fathers Day gold video is actually the gold that was cashed in too minus a couple pickers and the nugget. x_x

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neo it violates our rules to question a member's character...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that your a charter member (thanx TNet way to step up) when you gonna offer those bottles for sale. I want one.
Neo, if you want to post bottles for sale in "Treasure Related" classifieds go ahead, I paid your CM and will post in your thread your allowed to offer to sell.....Your CM tag should appear on Monday when admins log in......👍

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck to you Neo. I know how it can be some times. When you're down it just seems to pile on. Hang in there bud.

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks guys. :)

I will put together my ad and get some pictures taken.
Thanks again TH its a huge help. :)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Neo, I'm a big fan and I'm eager to support you . I do want to make one correction to your comments. You said "There was once upon a time when hard working folks and a strong Union kept American's employed and well paid, those times are changing and I was one of those "Changes" along with several hundred of my brothers and sisters. "

In fact our history from the founding of the republic thru the Great Depression was of one economic crisis after another, each with massive numbers of unemployed. Oh, and no food stamps or unemployment insurance back then so starvation, bread lines and soup kitchens. We forget the depression of 1920-21 ( with many WWI vets unemployed and setting up a tent city in DC) and the Panic of 1893 (coming off the sliver standard). From 1873-1879 there was a depression called " the Great Depression" in fact at the time...now called "the Long Depression". There were several others before that which I forget offhand, one at least every 30 years! Each involved massive unemployment, migrations of people seeking work, etc.

We actually have it better today as the government, the federal reserve and the states soften the blows of panics, banking crises, recessions, etc.

Now if they would just let us mine!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All, please try and keep politics out of thread..

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've got you covered for that Buck knife Bro, got an extra Black Hawk looking for a good home......PM sent

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Clear Creek corridor water temps are controlled by the Whiskeytown dam releases. It is electronically controlled at a sensor station on the river to encourage 2 salmon runs a year up the creek. It used to be 55 degrees triggered a release but with the drought it may have been slightly modified. The dam has been modified with a temperature curtain to pull from the cool bottom waters for releases. So temp can vary by as much as 10 degrees. John

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your loss! I had 3 hoodlums steal my backpack from bleachers a couple months back. I had one ear un-cupped but facing away from them and I heard one of the thugs say "he got headphones on" but I didn't want to engage them since I was the only one around in back of ballpark. After I quit hearing them talking I looked up and felt relieved they were gone and at the same time realized my backpack was gone too!!!Thank goodness I had taken out spare pinpointer, coils and digging tools. The only thing they got was a spare 9V battery and the upper control cover for my MX-5. I would rather a 3 year old had tossed it in a river, I wouldn't have been nearly as mad!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, its not as bad as being stolen from because its easy to forgive our kids.

My Middle daughter that is 4 confessed to doing it after insisting it was my 3 year old for days. lol
I guess she was waiting for the heat to die down. :D

She has her booster shot appointment today so no swimming today, booster shots always put my kids in that half way sick mode and kinda sleepy.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What blows my mind is that the Officer who responded to the argument over the bag is that he didnt check its contents for ID or anything identifying at that. Even if one or the other says it was theirs, seems the logical thing to do is see whos stuff is in it. Good luck man. I know its hard, Just totaled my car after wiping my savings clean to buy it. Things always turn out even if it looks like a S*** storm.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you try to find the police officer? If that was your pack they were arguing about then just maybe he knows who he was talking to. Otherwise, it might be worth another swim. I hate to loose stuff, no matter the value, so I feel for you. Good luck.

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I have been out hitting it hard, when I get home I hit the sack. :)

So the other day I got a call that someone found some keys, but they ended up not being mine, they were Dodge keys. :(
That's the only real update on it, that and someone keeps taking my signs down.
Its not for my number either because I have my number written at the bottom for people to rip off.

The police have no updates.

I have been making a lot of bottles too, really its the silver lining to this cloud that bottle sales have gone way up and T.H. Gave me my membership for a bottle.
Again I really do appreciate everyone's concern and help in this, its a great feeling to know that I have awesome prospecting Brothers and Sisters out there. :)

Thanks again everyone. :D :occasion14:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
if I were you and those were my signs , id put up some more of them real close and sit in a Unobvious location that can see the signs and sit and wait for the culprit to remove them while your watching!!

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, I was thinking of that, but it could also be BLM too as no other personal signs are anywhere in the Clear Creek Greenway area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread