Looking about getting into the conning bunsiess

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexias2

Jul 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to start selling my tailing online, like I have herd so many people here talk about buying other peoples. So I am going to start selling my tailing. How much would one expect to buy some tailing for? I am going to have certain mesh sizes too, as well as mixed lucky-dip! :thumbsup:

This will be supplement my mining bussniess, as I said I am an multi-entrapuner

And would ebay, or youtube be the best place to sell? :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you ever found gold?

Also, why would anyone want to buy your leftover tailings?

And....no disrespect intended, but if you're going to be one,
then it's best to learn how to spell "entrepreneur".

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be the first to buy, where do I send the check. Wow I can't wait to work your cons. All these other guys are jealous, send me an address, I can't wait to get started!
I don't sound to eager do I.

OP
OP
A

alexias2

Jul 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever found gold?

Also, why would anyone want to buy your leftover tailings?

And....no disrespect intended, but if you're going to be one,
then it's best to learn how to spell "entrepreneur".

Not sure to be honest, I guess it is a little bit like a coloring book, why pay for black and white when you can buy them already colored in? Perhaps they buy then and give to to children to pan?

OP
OP
A

alexias2

Jul 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be the first to buy, where do I send the check. Wow I can't wait to work your cons. All these other guys are jealous, send me an address, I can't wait to get started!
I don't sound to eager do I.

Is this a fishing forum?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I want to start selling my tailing online, like I have herd so many people here talk about buying other peoples. So I am going to start selling my tailing. How much would one expect to buy some tailing for? I am going to have certain mesh sizes too, as well as mixed lucky-dip! :thumbsup:

This will be supplement my mining bussniess, as I said I am an multi-entrapuner

And would ebay, or youtube be the best place to sell? :icon_scratch:

I don't do this myself but one of my best friends does. It's a lot of work but you do get to sell your gold for about twice the value of the actual gold. Here's what he does:
1. Mine some gold and process it all the way to basically clean gold.
2. Put 2 pounds (a kilo) of paydirt from his dig site in a plastic bag along with a measured portion of the clean gold.
3. Sell it on Facebook and via his own website for about twice the value of the added gold.
4. Ship quickly when people place orders.

It helps your marketing when you can guarantee at least a certain amount of gold per bag. Also good if you can tell some of the story about your dig site so people can visualize the setting and source of the material they are buying.

Good luck!

OP
OP
A

alexias2

Jul 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't do this myself but one of my best friends does. It's a lot of work but you do get to sell your gold for about twice the value of the actual gold. Here's what he does:
1. Mine some gold and process it all the way to basically clean gold.
2. Put 2 pounds (a kilo) of paydirt from his dig site in a plastic bag along with a measured portion of the clean gold.
3. Sell it on Facebook and via his own website for about twice the value of the added gold.
4. Ship quickly when people place orders.

It helps your marketing when you can guarantee at least a certain amount of gold per bag. Also good if you can tell some of the story about your dig site so people can visualize the setting and source of the material they are buying.

Good luck!

So you find it better to add gold fillings to it? Hmm good idea! :thumbsup: I have some old scrap rings and jewellery and a file I could use too.

Did he find anyone on this forum who purchased his products?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please post by our rules.

"Keep the discussion civil, respectful and on topic.

Posts should be suitable for all ages, on topic, concise, and courteous.

If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner."

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
So you find it better to add gold fillings to it? Hmm good idea! :thumbsup: I have some old scrap rings and jewellery and a file I could use too.

Did he find anyone on this forum who purchased his products?

Well I hope that you and your multi-entrapunership learn to read plain English soon. Kevin said NOTHING about taking a file to old jewelery. He stated that his friend was adding gold but that it was natural gold that he had mined. Please, please PLEASE take the time to read and be sure to put your brain in gear before you put your typing fingers in motion. Then again it seems like every post you do here only lowers everyones' opinion of you.

Then again, go ahead and sell some of your cons. We could analyze them and compare the findings against the USGS data base and get an idea of where you're at if you're located in the U.S. Maybe then your posts would make some sense.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please post by our rules.

"Keep the discussion civil, respectful and on topic.

Posts should be suitable for all ages, on topic, concise, and courteous.

If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner."
Evidently you missed my post Irish.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To "con" someone, is to practice deception... representing something as other than what it is, specifically for the purpose of material gain.

This is a criminal activity, otherwise known as fraud.

Maybe conning isn't really a good idea.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jewelry gold is alloyed with quite a bit of silver . This is to harden it . It is usually from 12 to 18 carat. 12/ 24 to 18/24.au. Native placer gold is a lot closer to being pure. 85% to 92% in many cases. Adding scrap jewelry filings to a package of dirt I would consider very fraudulent !

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some people sell natural placer gold "Concentrates" that come out of the sluice box or hi-grade mineral samples with gold showing in the rock.
the Con's are ether enriched so each bag has gold or you build a reputation for finding gold and sell un-searched concentrates.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COFFEE SPITTING EMOJI WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
some people sell natural placer gold "Concentrates" that come out of the sluice box or hi-grade mineral samples with gold showing in the rock.
the Con's are ether enriched so each bag has gold or you build a reputation for finding gold and sell un-searched concentrates.

I think it's pretty rare for a paydirt seller to last very long unless they enrich their paydirt (WITH NATURAL PLACER GOLD NOT JEWELRY FILINGS!) in a measured way. Otherwise the dirt they sell from bad days of prospecting leads to negative reviews and people stop buying from them and such.

Sorry for all caps but I need Alexias to be clear what I mean.

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm guessing that alexias2 means "concentrates" "cons" or "paydirt"
I don't see how "conning" applies.

con 2 (kŏn)
tr.v. conned, con·ning, cons Archaic
1. To study, peruse, or examine carefully.
2. To learn or commit to memory.
[Middle English connen, to know, from Old English cunnan; see gnō- in Indo-European roots.]
con′ner n.
con 3 or conn (kŏn) Nautical
tr.v. conned, con·ning, cons or conns
To direct the steering or course of (a vessel).
n.
1. The area or structure on a vessel from which the vessel is conned.
2. The position or authority of the officer conning a vessel.
[From cond, from Middle English conduen, from Old French conduire, from Latin condūcere, to lead together; see conduce.]
con 4 (kŏn) Slang
tr.v. conned, con·ning, cons
To swindle (a victim) by first winning his or her confidence; dupe.
n.
A swindle.
adj.
Of, relating to, or involving a swindle or fraud: a con artist; a con job.
[Short for confidence.]

I think maybe alexias2 means dental "fillings"??:icon_scratch::icon_scratch:
:dontknow::dontknow:
I know I need a drink.....:laughing7:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alexias2 this is how Concentrates "Cons" or PayDirt should be put together to be sold.

Step 1.) Set aside the gold that you would like to advertise with your paydirt. "Guaranteed to contain 1 gram of 100% Natural Placer Gold."
Step 2.) Set aside the Concentrates from your sluice that you would like to sell, not tailings.
Step 3.) Add some screened material from the creek to help simulate a legitimate sample from a creek. (This way they aren't just panning black sands and garnets.)
Step 4.) Mix
Step 5.) Package
Step 6.) Market, sell, Ship.

I hope that helps.
Adding jewelry filings into tailings wont make for happy customers.
There are lots of paydirt reviews out there, people want a good value, they want to know the gold they will get and want to have a good chance at finding more.

You will get about 2x spot for your gold, shipping eats up a little bit.
Be kind and generous and your business will prosper, use tailings and ring filings and you will get angry customers and no repeat business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread