a little pick me up

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
16 grains =1.0367...grams. i am stoked!!! same place as the last one. there is no flour gold here, i shoveled overburden and put the botom silt material in buckets and sniped the crack. got nothing in the sluice, but ended up with 1.55 grams of yellow metal!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

1 gram nugget.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
neo, you have to come with me next time. going to fort bragg next weekend( abalone and rockfish kayak adventure) but after that we have to do a number on this place

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
16 grains =1.0367...grams. i am stoked!!! same place as the last one. there is no flour gold here, i shoveled overburden and put the botom silt material in buckets and sniped the crack. got nothing in the sluice, but ended up with 1.55 grams of yellow metal!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

View attachment 1192080

Nice finds. Were they part of the sluice cleanup? What type of sluice were you using?

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
i got 1 fly poop speck in the sluice clean up(not pictured). i only took the bottom layer, what should be the best layer three or four inches of hard silt on the bedrock. i shoveled the rest off to the side. after i had enough space cleaned to snipe i did that, and found the big one and the next biggest right off the bat. then the others came later.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am free tomorrow morning but need to be home by 2:30 for my daughters check up at the Doctors. :)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heats a comn' as over 100 today and 112+++ by wednesday..soooo hot tamale get it on and nice lookn' nuggets-John

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
i listened to your advice john, and it has payed off 3 grams so far in 2 trips, not making a lot of wages, but damn is it fun to uncover chunkers like that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread