A Day on the creeck

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Russau and I got together to do some Dredging at my place here in Illinois on friday we actually planed for a 3 days of dredging but as mother natuer decided to have a fit and give us a thunder and lighting storm first thing Sat morning and Sunday wasn't looking any better we called it and Russ went back home. As you would guess shortly after Russ was gone and on his way home the sun came out the temp went to 94F with a heat Index of 104F a good day to be in the creek. May be at some other date. But we did get some pics and vid of the day thanks to my wife. I will post Pics of the yeller stuff after I get it panned out. Work does some times get in the way.

20150724_102933.jpg
20150724_105942.jpg

20150724_122016.jpg

20150724_122154.jpg 20150724_142338.jpg

Attachments

• 20150724_110501.jpg
    20150724_110501.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Upvote 0

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad to see you guys in the water, that's too bad that Russ had to go home early though.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've hauled that dredge before at Douglas City a few years back. Russau is a GREAT person to mine,camp and party with. Kudos Russau but dredge sold now and hope Bsaf finds a few pounds in that Mo' moraine. You look like a duck n' the water Russ and that's mighty fine as not seen in way too long a time..Any pics of the shine??-John

OP
OP
Bill_saf

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not yet John Im working on it will post pics. and yes Russ is good people!! as to having places to use the dredge you betcha! get-er-done

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Bills stream really supprised me with the amount of black sand and fine gold. It was a lot of fun getting out even though I was real sore the next day and today im not moveing around very fast! I wanted to get my 2 inch into the water to try it out BUT rain/pain got to much for me! and a BIG THANKYOU to Bill for the invite to your place and your hospitality! it was a LOT of fun! I already miss the dredge!

OP
OP
Bill_saf

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any time Russ you know where the dredge is and Ill have it in the water for you when you come back!

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with that Russau :)

What a fun time! Where's the gold? :D

OP
OP
Bill_saf

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like good times !!!!! how was the Gold ?

The first pan out of the top mat had about 20-25 -50/-100 I still have to pan out the bottom mat and the sec run we moved about 2 - 2-1/2 yards of sand and coble filled 1/4 of a 5 gal bucket with black sand with a lot of mags. I did find 2-3 -20 gold.

as for pics it will take a lil bit I drive otr (over the road ) and had to leave out monday morning will be back next weekend.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just ain't right ............................... Paw-Paw git'n short sheeted by the dang weather . :BangHead:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bill, spent the better part of 10 years out there pulling reefers,
flatbeds and ultimately a B-train. Sometimes I miss it for 5 or
10 minutes, then I start to remember stuff like chicken houses,
DOT, lot lizards, etc....not to mention the ice and snow.

Gone for a week...if a team, you doin' an east coast turn?
No matter...be safe out there with all the vacationers!

OP
OP
Bill_saf

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bill, spent the better part of 10 years out there pulling reefers,
flatbeds and ultimately a B-train. Sometimes I miss it for 5 or
10 minutes, then I start to remember stuff like chicken houses,
DOT, lot lizards, etc....not to mention the ice and snow.

Gone for a week...if a team, you doin' an east coast turn?
No matter...be safe out there with all the vacationers!

No team here just solo the way i like it, vans & refers 500 mile rad be home tomorrow night.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Happy to help on the pics..

attachment.phpv-2.jpg

attachment.php1-2.jpg

attachment.php4-2.jpg

attachment.phpf-2.jpg

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW Bill Just read this thread. Awesome pics and great trip with a friend. My dad was long haul and now my son does turn arounds. Much respect for you as I know what the job takes.
Were (General) area in Illinois are you? I am in the city mow but looking at the suburbs before the cold sets in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bill_saf

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WOW Bill Just read this thread. Awesome pics and great trip with a friend. My dad was long haul and now my son does turn arounds. Much respect for you as I know what the job takes.
Were (General) area in Illinois are you? I am in the city mow but looking at the suburbs before the cold sets in.

Pm sent

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread