Another great Gatesville outing.

Kuntzy

Jul 24, 2015
North Vernon IN
Detector(s) used
tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As always the outing at Gatesville was an all around great experience. Thank you to those who helped out and gave advice and knowledge. Of course everyone I met out there was just an all around hell of a good person!!

Did any of you guys that went do any good on finding color? I ended up bring home around 3 gallons of concentrates. We had an exceptional day in every way. I have only panned out 2 cups of cons, but so far I have just over half a gram of that yellow metal that consumes me and keeps me digging and hoping. With the flood most areas known to produce gold were completely gone, covered up or otherwise impossible for us to find. After many many test holes and test pans we finally found a very good paystreak and did really well. Our test pans were producing 4-10 pieces of color per pan. so we panned down to the heavy's to save time and move more material. Ended up panning down 14 buckets of really really good material, now I have so many cons that its gonna take me a week to go through it all. 3 gallons of cons is a lot! Like a Whole lot!!

Me and my oldest son who is 10 spent 12 hours out there having the best time possible within legal limits.

Thanks to everyone for an enjoyable and fun experience. The day was a total success regardless of gold when my son gave me a giant hug just before we drove out and told me that it was the most fun he has ever had and if we can go back again as soon as possible.

will post pics of the total gold found when I get it finish panned.

Once again thank you to everyone out there who made it such a great time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think 4-10 pieces is exceptional, cleaned out my highbanker after an hours run, and had maybe 20 specks. Were you present at the club meeting? Would have liked to chat with you. I had my 5 year old granddaughter with me, keeps me busy watching after her.
As always the outing at Gatesville was an all around great experience. Thank you to those who helped out and gave advice and knowledge. Of course everyone I met out there was just an all around hell of a good person!!

Did any of you guys that went do any good on finding color? I ended up bring home around 3 gallons of concentrates. We had an exceptional day in every way. I have only panned out 2 cups of cons, but so far I have just over half a gram of that yellow metal that consumes me and keeps me digging and hoping. With the flood most areas known to produce gold were completely gone, covered up or otherwise impossible for us to find. After many many test holes and test pans we finally found a very good paystreak and did really well. Our test pans were producing 4-10 pieces of color per pan. so we panned down to the heavy's to save time and move more material. Ended up panning down 14 buckets of really really good material, now I have so many cons that its gonna take me a week to go through it all. 3 gallons of cons is a lot! Like a Whole lot!!

Me and my oldest son who is 10 spent 12 hours out there having the best time possible within legal limits.

Thanks to everyone for an enjoyable and fun experience. The day was a total success regardless of gold when my son gave me a giant hug just before we drove out and told me that it was the most fun he has ever had and if we can go back again as soon as possible.

will post pics of the total gold found when I get it finish panned.

Once again thank you to everyone out there who made it such a great time.

OP
OP
K

Kuntzy

Jul 24, 2015
North Vernon IN
Detector(s) used
tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah I was at the meeting. I won the black sand magnet in the door prize drawing.

OP
OP
K

Kuntzy

Jul 24, 2015
North Vernon IN
Detector(s) used
tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL. well now I know who you are and hit talk to you next time I see you down there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread