63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First wolf pack in decades spotted in Northern California. With any luck that should be a hot link but if not the Family, two adults and several pups, were caught on a tree cam in a remote area sorta close to Mount Shasta, Siskiyu (sp?) County.

A wolf can be a very large animal and of course it hunts for its food usually in a pack. If you've never been in a "Pack Situation" then what you can expect is that one will catch your attention and the attacker will come at you from your back cause of course you are watching the thing that is snarling at you. From experience the attack happens very quickly after the first one catches your attention. Once you are down all of them join in. That is just the nature of the animal. I guess it is protected as further evidence that some folks are really Dense.

It will take them a while to get over to the Highway 80 area above Sacramento but they will get there. They will then wipe out the Coyotes in that area along with everything they can get hold of. The only protection will be to move out/stay out of the mountains and move into centralized housing and once that happens you'd better not go out after dark and maybe in the daytime it still won't be safe. Think Agenda 21!

Other than that it will be prospecting as usual and I will still go out there........................63bkpkr

Upvote 0

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to 'em fellers. They have reduced the Id elk herd to less than 1/3 of what it used to be.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
funny thing i read a thing from the f&g q&a recently and the question was why are the wolves not reintroduced to california. the answer was because we dont have the habitat to sustain a wolf population. of course you cant keep a wolf from crossing state lines. the mountain lions and man are the numero uno predators in california and the supply of venison is stretched pretty thin in a lot of places here. the wolves would be a huge added stress to the deer population. gold:laughing7:

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Wolf Pack in Northern California

A wolf can be a very large animal and of course it hunts for its food usually in a pack.

Ahhhhhh....something new to play with out there....Tired of playin with YOGIE

Hey Herb :hello:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe they will get hungry enough and start eating eco freak hikers. Be a good conversion if you ask me, from a useless windbag to free fertilizer. At least the plants and animals they "care" so much about will benefit from the fertilizer.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they will get hungry enough and start eating eco freak hikers. Be a good conversion if you ask me, from a useless windbag to free fertilizer. At least the plants and animals they "care" so much about will benefit from the fertilizer.

Nope Wolves don't like vegetable-a-tariuns....

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Hefty,
Yes something else to play with out there, just what I need! (not!!) Bad news as far as I am concerned. Hope all is well......................63bkpkr

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what assault rifles and high capacity mags are good for! Oh wait! You can't own them in Commiefornication! Have FUN!!!

Even better are the tape worms that they carry! The meds don't work on that strain, and requires surgery to remove them!

Best advice is S^3. Shoot, Shovel, and Shut-up!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, I know nothing about wolves, but it was my understanding that they don't and have never attacked people. Having said that, I'm a Texan and will pretty much shoot anything that moves. My sister lives on a ranch in Montana, she is a tree hugger, but she sent me a bumper sticker a couple of years ago that had a picture of a wolf with the diagonal line across it. Under the picture were the words. " Smoke a Pack Today". She knows me.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On one hand I think wolves are cool but on the other hand I don't want to be killed by one...it's a dilemma :)

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our predecessors killed them off for a reason. I bet it was that Grizzlies and wolves eat us.

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is what they say to do they don't know squat

What should people do if they encounter a wolf?

Though wolves rarely pose a direct threat to human safety, CDFW recommends that people never approach, feed or otherwise tamper with a wolf. If you have a close encounter with a wolf or wolves, do not run. Maintain eye contact. Act aggressively, make noise while retreating slowly. If the wolf does not retreat, .continue acting aggressively by yelling or throwing objects Know how to protect yourself and avoid contact with wild animals before entering their habitat.

Yep thats not how to do it!

a 12 and 00 buck shot

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to 'em fellers. They have reduced the Id elk herd to less than 1/3 of what it used to be.

According to Cabellas, Deer population in AZ is greater than its ever been in recorded history. Send some wolves over here, and make sure they habla espanol. Mexican wolves?

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hiking in AZ? Sign me up. Just leave the weak at home!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread