Nice Idaho Gold!

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I went out this past week for the last time this year in my new prospecting area. Its really tough digging, but I'm finding some nice Idaho gold. Here's a brief video of the gorgeous yellow metal that I retrieved from a 4'x4'x3'deep hole I'm digging. Due to the much needed rain (downpours), I was only able to get out for about an hour last week. Gonna go back next year and keep following the pay streak!

Upvote 0

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice! What part of Idaho is this from? I live within a reasonable drive of Northern ID. On a slightly different note, I have some questions about Idaho. From my research it seems that the EPA might as well have outlawed recreational mining in all waters of the state. Aren't like all the creeks closed by now? Is this all true or does anyone really follow those all the stupid regulations?

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great gold Jake! Owen , follow the AMRA thread on this site. I don't know of any miner being cited by the epa. Many of the county sheriffs here in Id have informed the epa that they will be arrested for interfering with a miner. . It is an illegal rule that the epa has arbitrarily enacted.They are disregarding a few Supreme Court decisions , They are a rogue agency and need to be abolished from McCarthy on down

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
L
Great gold Jake! Owen , follow the AMRA thread on this site. I don't know of any miner being cited by the epa. Many of the county sheriffs here in Id have informed the epa that they will be arrested for interfering with a miner. . It is an illegal rule that the epa has arbitrarily enacted.They are disregarding a few Supreme Court decisions , They are a rogue agency and need to be abolished from McCarthy on down
Great, that's what I was looking for.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eureka! That's some beautiful gold. Love the way the chunks sound in the pan. Hope to make it out to a Idaho one day.

Adventure_Time

May 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Someone should do something nice for the sheriffs there... not because they are siding with the miners, rather simply because they are actually fulfilling their oath to serve their community first and righteously uphold the law.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IdahoJake,
Thank you for the post as I Just Needed That! It all involves work but it is a delight to see and the adventure is worth all of what we put into our "Work"!....................63bkpkr

OP
OP
IdahoJake

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IdahoJake,
Thank you for the post as I Just Needed That! It all involves work but it is a delight to see and the adventure is worth all of what we put into our "Work"!....................63bkpkr

Thanks 63. Much appreciated.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I went out this past week for the last time this year in my new prospecting area. Its really tough digging, but I'm finding some nice Idaho gold. Here's a brief video of the gorgeous yellow metal that I retrieved from a 4'x4'x3'deep hole I'm digging. Due to the much needed rain (downpours), I was only able to get out for about an hour last week. Gonna go back next year and keep following the pay streak!

My goodness, does that gold rattling in the pan ever sound sweet! Nothin' like sassy gold to get the heart pumpin'!!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
IdahoJake

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goodness, does that gold rattling in the pan ever sound sweet! Nothin' like sassy gold to get the heart pumpin'!!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Yeah...It's music to my ears! Gonna go out and find a little more on Monday!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have not seen that much chunky gold since I was last in Northern CA. I have never worked Idaho; may have to think about it. Colorado has gold, but mostly smaller. The picture and sounds are inspiring. Thanks.

OP
OP
IdahoJake

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not seen that much chunky gold since I was last in Northern CA. I have never worked Idaho; may have to think about it. Colorado has gold, but mostly smaller. The picture and sounds are inspiring. Thanks.

Thanks Dave. Yeah, I just kinda stumbled onto this area when I was researching claims in north central Idaho. I think I may have to file one! :)

davidhorton001

Apr 5, 2014
Great find Jake!!! I'm heading to Idaho tomorrow to work a claim on the Salomon river. I live in Montana so Idaho is only a couple hour drive. Hope you and your bro hit it big

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread