First Time Going Out

bostonmike

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys,
Been on the forums for awhile but just recently joined. I'm going out Saturday for the first time. My Bazooka Gold Trap Prospector 30" came in 2 days ago. I'm heading up to the Wild Ammonoosuc River on Route 112 near Bath, NH. The river runs right along 112. I'm hoping to pull over along 112 and sluice in the river. I know there is a campground that will let you sluice for like $5 a day at the end of 112. I know alot of people get gold there but I'm worried it might be picked over. Lots of people with dredges.

Any tips for the first time out?
I have the following:
BGT Sluice 30"
2 Spade Shovels
3 5 gallon buckets
Pry Bar
Garden Trowel
Hip Waders (wearing wool socks under them)

I'm planning to look for gold inside bends, downstream side of big rocks, under rocks, any sort of natural trap, where the water slows down.

Thanks in advance. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post!

Upvote 0

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
B

bostonmike

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys have loads of information. Can't wait to get out there again. I feel like I made some mistakes but am learning from them. I put my BGT halfway into the river to get the best flow. Looking back at it now I could have moved it closer to shore and just dammed it up better. Would have been able to process more.

The biggest issue I had was where to dig and how deep. I had the pry bar in the car the whole time. Should have used that. I basically just looked for big unmovable rocks to dig under. I have pictures on my phone. I should upload those to give you guys a better idea of where I was.

Thanks for the advice with the pans. I will def. scrub them good. I also plan on holding onto the concentrate just in case (more than likely) missed some gold through panning.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
definatly post some pics I probably knew right where you were.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions