Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mike (AKA Dizzy) made it to my place a little after 10 last night. Super nice guy...cowboy just like the rest of us. He reminds me of Sam Elliot. Stayed up till 2 this am talking and now leaving for the upper river for some serious prospecting. Delnorter will be dropping by after work as well. Updates as they develop.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And in this corner..for 2015 and weighing in at just over .25 grams...:D

003.jpg

Bonus points to the first one who can ID my background photo. It's a back cover of a prominent and expen$ive magazine on the stands right now. My mommy bought it for me. :laughing7:

Not finished with the season yet tho. I've been to two spots since Mike left. One was from a spot I worked last year. I've done the general area quite a bit before and have been skunked each time. This time all four samples had fines...some more than others but ground up pretty good...tiny but visible sliver's. Since I know how to pan (thanks Mike) I know the slivers are truly gold. I dumped everything in a bucket and will let the sluice/miller table sort it all out.

The second spot was brand new to me. The rainy season began today so the last ditch trip yesterday was on the bucket list for 2015.
I found a likely spot near the river and set to work. I didn't sample as I wanted to see what kind of ground I was working with. I was nestled in some bigger boulders and started tossing out smaller ones. Then I had to dig out some of the larger ones. I soon found out that this spot filled up only ONE way and would empty only one way...just like a jig saw puzzle. Finally, I broke into LOTS of smaller river rock cobble mixed with dirt and finally clay. Got at least 3 gallons of "promising" dirt.

On the way to the second site, we ran across a very strange sight indeed. It looked like the worlds smallest hard rock mine???

Pictures as they become available...

And don't let me forget the road side sample...top of a mountain, base of a slide and a waterfall.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The rain stopped long enuff for me to classify my take from spot #2...classified to 1/8". Have no idea what's in the bottom. Wanna tag along?

004.jpg Out of the pop corn bucket from the drive in that was sold and will be no more. :'(

005.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg

Below is plus 1/8" and -1/8.

A lot of interesting material. Hopefully good stuff yet to be discovered. Sluice and Miller Table next.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee' Jeff that dirt you have looks just like what I worked this summer. Same type of cobble hope it's good stuff!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
You don't have that stuff run yet? Come on Grasshopper! I tried calling ya yesterday (Sunday) bot got voice mail. Forgot to tell you that your phone will self destruct in 5 seconds after listening to the message. Sorry for any problem this might have caused.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's indeed some pretty gold you guys found, I'd work that area until its all gone! Hopefully I can find a easy place to grab some rich material form and stock pile at home so I might have some fun in the off season..

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, ran the dirt from the mountain on top of the mountain. A heaping pan full, ran it thru the sluice which panned down to nothing but bird shot...

003.jpg

The three gallons from the other spot classified to two gallons. Ran it thru the sluice, panned it down and got a split shot...

004.jpg

Oh well. Did my part for the environment. The lesson I have yet to learn is not to put all your eggs in one basket and
:director:SAMPLE FIRST!

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AS long as I get half the take and air fair count me in!

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy::notworthy:
Now you want air fare!? Be a man and just hike over here. Pack lite and dress warm..it's all interstate...how tuff could it be? :tongue3:

By the time I get there I'll need a new pacemaker AND it'll my season out here! LOL! Realistically you probably have 10 times more experience than I.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know some times I have a hard time finding it too! Guess we're equal. I just got lucky this year read my signature.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread