All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting it and adding the link

ratled

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It's their headline on the front page right now.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it's about time that the news did a truthful report on dredging. I mean it's only been how long now since this all started up in California? I just want to know one thing though... WHY did it have to be FOX that did the report?

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this on Foxnews the other day. Three things:

1. FoxNews did a good job of presenting both sides: "fair and balanced"
2. The miners articulated their position quite well.
3. The Environmentalists are still great spin-masters. Lying, devious idiots.

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually suction dredging can have a major impact on the environment especially if the miner is not careful. So the environmentalists have a legitimate concern. Anything with gas powered engines or pumps should never be used by the public in water ways. Miners are not exempt. By your attitudes here I can see that you all care more about pulling gold from the earth than protecting the environment. What's more important, the wildlife or the gold in your pocket? Unlike most of the prospectors here I see it from both sides. I know that most prospectors don't give ******** about the environment. Therefore the battle is real. I wish more people on this miraculous planet fought for the environment rather than their personal greedy agendas.

Last edited by a moderator:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually PG the majority of the members here on T-Net are very concerned about the environment. You can tell this by many of the thread subjects where they voice concerns about many environmental problems. While not every miner worries about running a clean and responsible operation, most of us here do our best to make sure that we fill in our holes and use proper methods to do our mining. I'm part Lakota so taking care of the lands and waters is part of my heritage. I've spent the majority of my life in the outdoors and it's not uncommon for me (as well as many others here) to haul trash out that was left by others. (fishermen, off-roaders, hunters etc)

When done CORRECTLY, suction dredging will remove the majority of dangerous materials like Mercury and Lead as well a the gold. It has also been proven to improve fish spawning habitat by loosening up compacted materials and providing areas of deeper slower moving water for them to spawn in. Mother Nature will move more materials down a stream in a single flood event than a hundred suction dredge miners could in a lifetime.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PurpleGold we have rules here, please read our rules, especially on language...

OP
OP
R

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would appear that purple did not read or comprehend the Foxnews story prior to posting

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually suction dredging can have a major impact on the environment especially if the miner is not careful. So the environmentalists have a legitimate concern. Anything with gas powered engines or pumps should never be used by the public in water ways. Miners are not exempt. By your attitudes here I can see that you all care more about pulling gold from the earth than protecting the environment. What's more important, the wildlife or the gold in your pocket? Unlike most of the prospectors here I see it from both sides. I know that most prospectors don't give ******** about the environment. Therefore the battle is real. I wish more people on this miraculous planet fought for the environment rather than their personal greedy agendas.

...jeeeze....

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your right purple,we should just ban everything ,beginning with your computer full of mined metals running with electricity ,maybe from a nuclear power plant on a river.. We are so greedy...we make millions...by the way,if you are concerned about motors ,why they start outlaw even unmotorized equipment gravity sluices ,here also sluice boxes by the way..and shovels,mushroom hunting...-Oh,boats have motors..-do we ban boats?
the goal is to get us all out.
Suction dredging with motors has to follow some simple rules to be safe.They don,t want rules,they want to abolish independent people living of the land.Bet the sierra fund runs unmotorized equipment...

P.s "The public" you mention ,thats we.We are all underage people that should not be allowed to do enything by our own.We must be surveilled and controlled,stripped of freedoms,individuality,independence,we shall buy in the grocery store and not grow by our self,we shall buy at the jeweller and not mine ..

over and out...i have to go to the toilet..can i go to the toilet daddy?

Last edited:
S

stefen

We should all endevor to be responsible stewards of our land and natural resources.

Enjoy it while we can.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Purple you truly believe that no one should be able to run a gasoline powered equipment on waterways? What about, idk the millions of boats and their engines? It's funny how a 2 cycle powered watercraft can be driven still most anywhere but you can't move water a few feet with a dredge. One directly adds foreign pollutants directly to the water while the the other moves existing water and earth a few feet while actually removing pollutants in the process.. Its the spin doctoring and lies and deception and hidden agendas and just straight up non sense that the miners are fighting, were all on the same side id imagine when it comes to preserving the environment..

Last edited:

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It says purplegold. Has a powered stream sluice. Must be run by foot power.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

is there an unlike button? I have heard comments directly contrary to this from the opposition. Never heard so much garbage from some other than a spin doctor for the opposition

ratled

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It says purplegold. Has a powered stream sluice. Must be run by foot power.

il_570xN.153549524.jpg

:laughing7::laughing7:

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Why stop at engines or pumps if you're truly concerned.

How bout: No boats. No roads next to waterways. No businesses next to waterways. No cities next to waterways.

Or take it even further for those you say are only concerned with pulling gold for "greedy agendas"...How bout: no metal for jewelry, cars, computers, atv's, homes, etc. All of these are made from extracted materials. You hypocrite...get rid of you sluice and metal detector. They were made from extracted metal by a bunch of greedy suckers who don't give **** about the environment. And, while your at it, keep your shovel out of the creek that you use to feed your "powered sluice".

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Purplegold- "Actually anything can have a major impact on the environment especially if the individual is not careful."

Fixed it for ya, I used common sense as my guideline, your welcome! Feel free to refer to signature line below

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wild guess here but PurpleGold what do you think about illegal growing operations' effects on the environment?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread