Using Underwater viewers to clear the path for prospecting

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi guys, here's a really short video showing hwo my mate was using a DIY Underwater gold viewer I made for literally a couple of bucks to be able to see the crevice base where we were prospecting so larger rocks and obstructions could be removed with ease. These underwater viewers are really easy to make and super cheap and should be in any prospectors toolkit of handy equipment. I hope you enjoy and there's a description of how I made it in one of my other videos on youtube. #gold #goldprospecting #goldpanning

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I made some of these years back and are nice when snipping ! he used a black bucket which is the ONLY one to use! white buckets /tubes reflect light and makes it hard to see with it!

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Very true, black buckets are really cheap anyway, I think this cost me less than $5 to make and it's come in handy so many times

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first dredge had no air and used one of these. An old timer told me to do the same with a coffee can (remember those?) and rivet it to a ball cap so you can have both hands free to work... worked like a champ

ratled

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been considering a back pack friendly size. I've got a whole slew of clear plastic Crystal Light drink mix containers that could be wrapped in Gorilla tape.

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real men just stick their heads under water no matter how cold it is right? :evil6: Winter 84 001.jpg

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been considering a back pack friendly size. I've got a whole slew of clear plastic Crystal Light drink mix containers that could be wrapped in Gorilla tape.

Today I got close...mating a hand held magnifying glass to the bottom of my mini viewer but FAIL as the range of view was too restrictive.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first dredge had no air and used one of these. An old timer told me to do the same with a coffee can (remember those?) and rivet it to a ball cap so you can have both hands free to work... worked like a champ

ratled
Genius idea with the ball cap! We made them years back. Found one in an antique store and the owner thought it was a part of a military sight. Should've bought it.......... Found out years later it was actually a navy piece of equipment go figure?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread