What are these black stripes on the hill?

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I posted this here because the subject is in a gold producing area and I wanted to know if whatever causes these stripes are associated with gold in any way. They only show up on two other hills, all within 1.5 miles of each other, and only on the S and E facing slopes.
Untitled.png

Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That mining collections link is awesome Clay. It always amazes me that with all the research that I do, people find things that I've totally missed.

That's why I'm volunteering for Land Matters.

I figure if we can put everything in one place we don't have to keep repeating the work of finding it again.

Sometimes you can't find it again because one of our government employees thought we shouldn't have it anymore. When the BLM took all the usefulness out of the geocommunicator and the National Atlas was taken down and not replaced I knew we would have to do it ourselves.

If you've got some resources to share why not post them up here for everyone to see. If we share I bet we can help everyone along. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

SpecJet

May 8, 2013
So Cal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm trying desperately to resurrect a crashed hard drive that has years of research on it.
Kicking myself daily for not backing up regularly. My last backup on my laptop was mid 2013.:crybaby2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread