Panning in Southern California

ezrider2

Nov 17, 2014
Fairfax Va
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk Recon 2 and Boss 2, Custom made 52" river sluice, pans, Viper vac.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All the time. On the East Fork of the San Gabriel River

OP
OP
S

StevenHavillJr

Jul 15, 2012
Canyon Lake, Texas
Detector(s) used
MPX Digital and Garret Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was there once but I was where everyone else was and well I didn't have a great experience. I literally have no experience in being at that river, been wanting to go somewhere in 2016.

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I panned there once but didn't find much just one little chunky.

OP
OP
S

StevenHavillJr

Jul 15, 2012
Canyon Lake, Texas
Detector(s) used
MPX Digital and Garret Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I need to find a mining partner around these parts to get some experience under my belt before trying somewhere more northern.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All of the best gold is in the Mojave and Colorado deserts of SoCal.......Go east young man!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
That's the EZ part! Reed says just go down Hollywood Blvd and turn left (North) and go till you cant drive anymore! I hope Reed don't get mad at me for giving away his Favorit spot! BUT Merry Christmass and Happy New Year and enjoy!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since your in Torrance the PCSC is your closest club or the Palos Verde Gem and Mineral club. O.C. 49rs in Garden Grove is also pretty close. All 3 were "REAL" non profits-John

ezrider2

Nov 17, 2014
Fairfax Va
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk Recon 2 and Boss 2, Custom made 52" river sluice, pans, Viper vac.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was there once but I was where everyone else was and well I didn't have a great experience. I literally have no experience in being at that river, been wanting to go somewhere in 2016.

You just have to know where to go and know some people on the river. It is all flood gold and been hit hard in a lot of places. My friend pulled a nugget out a few weeks ago. I will be out again in the new year.

trsynsh

Oct 28, 2015
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah if you can head East. Holcomb Valley near Big Bear, Twentynine Palms area, etc, etc.

SoCalDesertFox

Nov 27, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
First Texas Search Master DX-3500 (1981)
Primary Interest:
Other
I've done some panning in the Santa Ana riverbed near Mt. Rubidoux and pulled out a couple tiny pieces of gold, so I know it's round here!

We should get a hunt set up! Pans and Scans!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread