goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, yeah.... I know Christmas is now long gone but one of the presents I received this year has taken a little time to prove it's real value towards my prospecting and mining efforts. Thanks to a busy schedule, I hadn't had much of a chance to really check it out. Now that I have taken some time to examine this present, I can't think of anything else that would have had so much benefit to me. This present has proven to be not only educational but highly entertaining as well.

Ok... I can hear those wheels turning even from my cave way out here in the desert. "What was this amazing present" you ask? Quite simply it was a subscription to the ICMJ Mining Journal with both the hard copy and the on-line access. Now I had read ICMJ when I could find copies of it on the news stand, or a buddy happened to have one handy and had always enjoyed it. I just never got around to getting a subscription to it is all. (You'll have to excuse me here while I kick myself long and hard for that mistake)

Because I've never really liked reading long articles on the computer due to eye strain, I decided to copy and paste the articles from the back issues I've been interested in so far over to Word so I can print them out. This will also allow me to highlight the important parts of many of the articles once printed. (I've found that the highlighters just don't work to well on the computer screen.) So far I've grabbed 38-40 articles and I've only gone through the back issues from 2000 to 2005!

So... Even though the ICMJ is a so called professional journal, this is a publication that anyone with any level of interest in prospecting and or mining should get themselves a subscription to! Don't forget to get the on-line access as well as that's the best way to get access to over a decades worth of back issues!

G.I.

Upvote 0

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Don't forget to get the on-line access as well as that's the best way to get access to over a decades worth of back issues!"

I did not know that! I have been buying ICMJ back issues from eBay...the above info will be more efficient!:icon_thumright:
Wife agrees...something about a few hundred various magazines all over the house .....:laughing7:

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Wife agrees...something about a few hundred various magazines all over the house .....:laughing7:

ROFLMAO. Yeah... Been there...Done that too O.V. The online access is only a couple more bucks and well worth it IMHO.

EDIT: Having access to the back issues sure beats hunting for that one issue that has the end of an article series in it that you just can't find! :tongue3:

Last edited:

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The best thing I did to further my prospecting knowledge was to buy a subscription to ICMJ; I will say I was a bit miffed once when I opened the magazine to discover an article on one of my "secret" spots. Everyone should subscribe, always at least a few entertaining articles within.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can order paper copies for previous volumes by the year. O have hundreds of copies from "79 up to '95 or so. Plus recents as ive had a subscription off and on and buy copies that interest me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions