chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry Bill I didn't weigh them and would have to look at the pic and search thru all of them to figure out which are in the pic. The large one is easy to find and weighs almost three troy ounces.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gosh... In all my years of prospecting in Arizona, even near Kingman and in Gold Basin, I have never seen specimens like that. I would say that is a miracle find - maybe one in a billion. What detector were you using?

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well 3 ozs is nothing to turn your nose up at.

Regards + HH

Bill

I'm sorry Bill I didn't weigh them and would have to look at the pic and search thru all of them to figure out which are in the pic. The large one is easy to find and weighs almost three troy ounces.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a great find congrats! Would be killer to see a pic with the haul on a scale showing total weight.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are these native copper crystals? did you use acid to remove the host rock? were they found in calcite?

Last edited:
OP
OP
chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Gosh... In all my years of prospecting in Arizona, even near Kingman and in Gold Basin, I have never seen specimens like that. I would say that is a miracle find - maybe one in a billion. What detector were you using?

There were 12 of us detecting daily for over a month. We grid and work together. The nuggets pictured were all found within 100 yards of each other. I dive here so I use an excal. The boys mostly use tesoro detectors and a couple use garrett. One uses a pulse 8x with a 8" x48" oval coil. He finds the bigger deeper nuggets.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you find a nugget with a Minelab Excalibur?

rockbar

Oct 19, 2015
AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice finds, no doubt.
They resemble copper crystals to me as well, but then again, I'm not holding them in my hand.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Our first scouting trip to AZ was an awesome success due to USGS files!

Below is a sample of crystalized nuggets that we found detecting/scouting fairly close to Kingman. We found a bunch of nuggets at other spots thru out the State. Can't wait to go back next year!

Wow!! Nice job!

OP
OP
chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you find a nugget with a Minelab Excalibur?

I know that my excal sucks for hunting nuggets but thats what I have and used to find multiple nuggets. How many small nuggets did I miss? Who knows? Who cares? Next year I and others will have minelab GPZ's!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those are wonderful specimens of some obvious great finds! Were they found as is and loose or were the pictured pieces dissolved out of some type of host material?

More good luck on your next visit to AZ.

OP
OP
chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
We also found quite a few conventional nuggets including the large nuggets in the pic below.

They were all deep and were found by the sled.

Attachments

• 20160111_211858-1.jpg
    20160111_211858-1.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 207

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those are great finds!

Due to their size and beautiful character, I'd love it if you'd post their pictures (or, if you don't mind, I'll just transfer them over) on The Big Beautiful North American Placer thread! They really do deserve a home there.

Fantastic finds, the stuff of dreams.

All the best,

Lanny

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions