Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Public Lands for the People will be back in court Wednesday, January 20th at 8:30 a.m. to present oral arguments for the last 2 causes of action in front of Judge Gilbert Ochoa. Commonly referred to as the "CEQA case", these arguments center on the State of California's violation of the Administrative Procedures Act. The New 49'ers and Western Mining Alliance are partners with PLP in this action and will be present in court as well. Judge Ochoa has latitude to issue a ruling at the time of oral arguments or defer to a later date.

In 2015, Judge Ochoa ruled in the miner's favor on the issue of Federal Preemption and that as a matter of LAW and in actual FACT, that the State’s “extraordinary scheme” of requiring permits then refusing to issue them is an “obstacle to the full purposes and objectives of Congress”. PLP will defend this important court victory at the appellate level against the State when necessary.

Court Information

Where:
San Bernardino Superior Court (Judge Gilbert Ochoa)
When:
Wednesday, January 20th, 8:30 a.m.
Address:
247 West Third Street San Bernardino, CA 92415-0210

Thank you very much,
PLP Board of Directors

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is the text from the alert....

"We feel we should share a notice given to one of our members on Jan. 10th.

Our member was given notice by a US Forest Service Employee from the Umatilla National Forest, she took the time to introduce herself as a USFS employee and give her professional title, that anyone found with one of these decals in their window would be stopped by Law Enforcement and cited for displaying the decal and that the USFS was also looking for the company that printed the decals to prosecute them.

Also, ya there's an also. That the USFS was preparing to prosecute FAFA for lying and misrepresenting fact on our facebook page on the matters regarding the US Forest Service's plan to restrict motorized access in Eastern Oregon.

We are confused by the USFS using a single employee to give legal notice to our organization thru a random member during a training exercise outside normal work hours for a USFS employee.

We would ask that anyone approached with similar concerns by USFS Staff please contact FAFA at [email protected] or write us here so that we can make sure we account for these notifications of intent to prosecute and address the issue properly instead of individual notifications to our members.

We have submitted a letter to Washington DC today asking the Department & Agency to address the issue and the staff member that gave notice, as we are concerned this is another issue of Region 6 staff harassing and intimating members, instead of an officially sanctioned USFS notification.

Please share so all members are given notice."

AND I have to make a correction here.... FAFA is FOREST ACCESS FOR ALL That was my bad sorry guys!

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the text from the alert....

"We feel we should share a notice given to one of our members on Jan. 10th.

Our member was given notice by a US Forest Service Employee from the Umatilla National Forest, she took the time to introduce herself as a USFS employee and give her professional title, that anyone found with one of these decals in their window would be stopped by Law Enforcement and cited for displaying the decal and that the USFS was also looking for the company that printed the decals to prosecute them.

Also, ya there's an also. That the USFS was preparing to prosecute FAFA for lying and misrepresenting fact on our facebook page on the matters regarding the US Forest Service's plan to restrict motorized access in Eastern Oregon.

We are confused by the USFS using a single employee to give legal notice to our organization thru a random member during a training exercise outside normal work hours for a USFS employee.

We would ask that anyone approached with similar concerns by USFS Staff please contact FAFA at [email protected] or write us here so that we can make sure we account for these notifications of intent to prosecute and address the issue properly instead of individual notifications to our members.

We have submitted a letter to Washington DC today asking the Department & Agency to address the issue and the staff member that gave notice, as we are concerned this is another issue of Region 6 staff harassing and intimating members, instead of an officially sanctioned USFS notification.

Please share so all members are given notice."

AND I have to make a correction here.... FAFA is FOREST ACCESS FOR ALL That was my bad sorry guys!

It's FUD like this that gives the mining community a bad name and has no place in thread that was supposed to be about PLP

rtaled

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I respectfully disagree Ratled. FAFA may not be as big or well known as the PLP is, but they're working to keep access to public lands open as well. They're more localized but are part of the good guys. I posted this in an effort to bring the excessive actions of the FS in this area to light for those that live and or mine in that area. I've toyed with the idea of buying some land in that part of Oregon, so I like to keep my ear to the ground so I know what's going on there.

We all know that there are more than a few FS employees out there that have been writing their own rules instead of following the laws and existing policy of the government. Bringing attention to these actions may help to keep our mining brothers and sisters in that area out of hot water. Knowing that this is going on, they can be prepared should they run into the same situation.

The FS has been shutting down roads where ever they can even if it's against the standing laws of the land. I've run into it down here in Arizona and along with my mining neighbor we were able to force them to lift the closure of a road that went through my claim and up the hill to my neighbors claim. The laws state that a full environmental impact study has to be done to close a road on public lands that is shown on a topo map dated 1976 or before. They couldn't produce a copy of the study and so they had to re-open the road. They tried to pass of an environmental impact STATEMENT off as a study and were rather shocked when we pointed out that the statement wasn't going to fly in court should it come down to that. Just goes to prove that a well educated (and informed) miner can be (and often is) their worst nightmare.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As much as I hate to say it, it's not only our mining rights that are being taken away. The Forest Circus is slowing trying to lock us out of all the public lands that they can. I received this in an email from FAFA. (Free Access For All). Turns out that the FS in Eastern Oregon is trying to arrest people for having this sticker on their car/truck etc.

View attachment 1263578

Now if they want to TRY that crap with me or any of my friends, they're going to find themselves on the loosing end of a court battle real fast! Something about freedom of speech comes to mind.....

If that one gets you an arrest. than this one would probably get ya a prison sentence!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 100

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Folks that make those and sell them on hats, shirts, bumper stickers, coffee cups, patches, etc. was or is a member on here you can google it or PM if you'd like a link.

Apologies for interupting and interjecting a non PC funny in an otherwise serious non political thread .............................................................................................................................................................................................................JUST JOKING.

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
I highly doubt anyone would be charged with displaying a decal like that. If the FS tried to do something like that any lawyer would have a Field Day!
How did this thread get so hostile?
I thought we were all on the same team?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread