You know you have gold fever when...

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Your coworkers make and post this up in the office because you talk about gold non stop lol ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453416880.797561.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your coworkers make and post this up in the office because you talk about gold non stop lol View attachment 1263212

Having the fever does have its risks, but the pot o' gold is the reward! And, no green leprechauns to fight for it either.

All the best, and someone needs a design award for the poster,:icon_thumright:

Lanny

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ah ya lads are the best. Nothing better than that sweet butter colored gold. That gobshites reward should be giving him the fever. Invite him out to a spot and don't forget a bit of Irish whiskey lad, good times will be had by all, hopefully with heavy pans!

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know you have it when you dig up cons from a rut you filled in just to run them again!

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You know you have gold fever when....

You cross three lanes of traffic and slide to a stop in the median so you can jump out and grab that stray plastic bucket because "you might need one more"

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured I had a problem when I had to go buy a belt because my pants kept falling down from all the rocks in my pockets...

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured I had a problem when I had to go buy a belt because my pants kept falling down from all the rocks in my pockets...

I may need suspenders too ! LOL

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
...every time you see a quartz rock you have to pick it up just to see if there is color on the other side. That's even in a parking lot of the grocery store that has stone landscaping.

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
...when your friends become infected and there is no longer any hope for a cure.

My wife still tests negative [emoji53]

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
When your non-mining friends have to drag you kicking and screaming to any social function besides a prospecting club meeting.

OP
OP
SchoolOfHardRocks

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
...when your friends become infected and there is no longer any hope for a cure.

My wife still tests negative [emoji53]

Lol i finally got my wife to join me at the river but she wouldnt pick up a pan.. I still have hope! I really dont understand how she has zero interest in finding gold but i guess thats how those without the fever feel lol

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol i finally got my wife to join me at the river but she wouldnt pick up a pan.. I still have hope! I really dont understand how she has zero interest in finding gold but i guess thats how those without the fever feel lol

An easy fix is to go buy some nuggets if you don't have any and put them in the pan with a ¼oz of fines before you give it to her. Then hand her the shovel and show her where you want the holes dug :evil6:

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When you ruin a hunting trip because you can't keep your eyes off the ground, or rocks out of your hands.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You know you have gold fever when you rearrange the cobble in the flowerbed at Walmart into the shape of a wingdam................

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
.....you stop at every creek and river on hwy 49 and find gold in the first two pans, then exclaim eureka!

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know you have gold fever when you have 3 feet of snow outside , so you start panning your fines on the dinning room table in a water tub for horses .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread