2016 Motherlode Miners Bash official thread

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Diggers and Gold Diggers (the girls :laughing7:)....Here it is. I have secured the location again for this year so now I can start the tread.
We will be holding the bash the same weekend as the ICMJ summit in Placerville the weekend of April 15th The bash will end Sunday as i will be trying to go to the offsite dig on Monday.
Last year was great we got some humble funds to Brandon and several people who know eachother via Tnet got to meet in person. It will be a little more formal this year there will be an outhouse and a release of liability as well as a written rule handout. I am working with the claim host on getting everything they want on paper. There will be a couple specific physical boundaries put in place as well as some signage.One attendee took it upon themselves to explore some private property so i have to tighten things up a bit.
The first qualifacation for an invite will be that you are a tnet member. Second will be a contact an donation (any amount) to a certain awesome free website that helps us all find out a lot of things about the lands we use8-) There will also be the attendance fee's that will cover costs of the porta potty and to the host. Just like last year the extra will go to someone who needs it. It may be Brandon again. But, I may have it go PLF.
As this is essentially a donation I will have reciepts this year for your tax reasons and transperancy. I don't want to create the situation where anyone thinks I'm getting anything out of this other than the chance to help someone who needs it and a chance for us all to spend a few good days together.
We have way more time to plan this year. I really want to clear some overburden and get a big paydirt pile set up do dig from. Its a good spot but, mainly flood layers so it would be nice to do some prep work. I havn't talked to GoldenMojo yet but, I know he will be playing again and I think this year he has a drummer!!!!!
More details to follow please comment with ideas and questions. Pm me if you want. I'm looking forward to hearing from you:headbang:

Mods this is a Bazooka sponsored event I am not asking for funds

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As long as its a 7+% IPA lol

calsierra-Dan

Jun 1, 2015
eldorado co.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Goldmonster 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Yo how does one get in on such sweet event ! havent tuned in on t net latley just catching up!

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Smart since my visit will also be part of a multi stop journey :)

Anyone have suggestions on a place to dry pan a speck of NV gold as I travel southern NV?

Your question got me searching. I'm sure you've seen the Jeff Williams videos. I just learned he prospects in Eldorado Canyon which is along the Colorado River near Las Vegas. Interesting...

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as a keg goes... I believe there was some promised Anchor Steam the last couple years that never showed up... ;-)
:-0

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is gold in the truckee river i believe
there is, but.......
true story time, kids:
don't know when this actually occured, but in the last 10 years.
Reno used to be the place where you went to get your quickee divorce. Washoe County courthouse is about a block from a street bridge over the Truckee.
tradition was, you'd get your freedom papers, then take a short walk, peel the handcuff off your ring finger, then toss it into the Truckee.
a guy was dredging downtown Reno a few years back, til they shut him down.
otherwise, no, the Truckee has no known placers on it.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is, but.......
true story time, kids:
Reno used to be the place where you went to get your quickee divorce. Washoe County courthouse is about a block from a street bridge over the Truckee.
tradition was, you'd get your freedom papers, then take a short walk, peel the handcuff off your ring finger, then toss it into the Truckee.

Cool story!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
there is, but.......
true story time, kids:

So how many rings did you toss in there?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm tied up with my in laws that weekend too as it turns out :(

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's ok you guys I'm canceling for lack of interest.
some of us will be camping any way.
If your gonna be at the summit and maybe want to camp pm me.
Joe, Arron ,Dan, John, Bill, the usual suspects you know the drill keep in touch

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well CRAAAAAAAP! I just got word from my Aunt that she is Flying in to visit for the month and she will be flying out on the weekend of the Bash!!!! I'm so frickin bummed that I can't make it now! [emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]

You're just gonna have to plan a trip up later then. Maybe you and Nick can roll up together. I should have a place for you to camp for free by then.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You're just gonna have to plan a trip up later then. Maybe you and Nick can roll up together. I should have a place for you to camp for free by then.

You renting some dirt?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread