2016 Motherlode Miners Bash official thread

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Diggers and Gold Diggers (the girls :laughing7:)....Here it is. I have secured the location again for this year so now I can start the tread.
We will be holding the bash the same weekend as the ICMJ summit in Placerville the weekend of April 15th The bash will end Sunday as i will be trying to go to the offsite dig on Monday.
Last year was great we got some humble funds to Brandon and several people who know eachother via Tnet got to meet in person. It will be a little more formal this year there will be an outhouse and a release of liability as well as a written rule handout. I am working with the claim host on getting everything they want on paper. There will be a couple specific physical boundaries put in place as well as some signage.One attendee took it upon themselves to explore some private property so i have to tighten things up a bit.
The first qualifacation for an invite will be that you are a tnet member. Second will be a contact an donation (any amount) to a certain awesome free website that helps us all find out a lot of things about the lands we use8-) There will also be the attendance fee's that will cover costs of the porta potty and to the host. Just like last year the extra will go to someone who needs it. It may be Brandon again. But, I may have it go PLF.
As this is essentially a donation I will have reciepts this year for your tax reasons and transperancy. I don't want to create the situation where anyone thinks I'm getting anything out of this other than the chance to help someone who needs it and a chance for us all to spend a few good days together.
We have way more time to plan this year. I really want to clear some overburden and get a big paydirt pile set up do dig from. Its a good spot but, mainly flood layers so it would be nice to do some prep work. I havn't talked to GoldenMojo yet but, I know he will be playing again and I think this year he has a drummer!!!!!
More details to follow please comment with ideas and questions. Pm me if you want. I'm looking forward to hearing from you:headbang:

Mods this is a Bazooka sponsored event I am not asking for funds

Upvote 0

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn I wish I could make it, unfortunately the wife's dragging me to her cousins wedding that weekend, I hate getting dressed up, lol. Well maybe next year.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I regrettably missed out. On this last year. Count me in this time!

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really wanted to make it this year but I am working that weekend, would have tried to trade with someone but I'm going to be in a wedding the end of March and went through hell to make that work. I'm sure it will be a blast and I can for sure say I'm jealous lol

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really wanted to make it this year but I am working that weekend, would have tried to trade with someone but I'm going to be in a wedding the end of March and went through hell to make that work. I'm sure it will be a blast and I can for sure say I'm jealous lol

You got like 3 months notice!! Cm on man! Lol

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got like 3 months notice!! Cm on man! Lol

LOL if it were only as easy as it sounds.. Basically since were down two techs right now everyone is having to work an extra weekend shift they dont want and getting someone to trade is next to impossible. If it were a week day I could easily request it off but the weekends I have to trade. I'm going to have to work two weekends for the wedding trade which means i'll be working 3 weeks straight.. Not looking forward to that one..

If possible I might try to come up in the evening to hang out and meet everyone, I think I could make that happen possibly.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is it vaguely possible that I'll be able to make the drive...going to pencil it in.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will be ok to visit. But, we will be keeping "day use" to a minimum

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm In, the band is in , andcount me in kn the prep work.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
UGGGHHH! The 2nd knee arthoscopy that kept from going the first year, turned into the total knee replacement that kept me from going last year. Well that replacement has failed (bad excuse for why I've been a tad testy lately), so it appears that the replacement of the replacement is going to keep me down for this years. If I get the operation in late Febuary or early March there is a small chance I might be healed enough to go.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fowledup we can get you a rickshaw or something......seriously though if your not doing anything anyway, and you can get a ride even close. I will do what ever I can to atlas plop you down in a chair in the shade somewhere near us. I'm sure there are more than a few of us that would help you make the trip

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks GW, if I'm even somewhat mobile I'll give it a go!

After our accident, I was having a hard time walking last year but the ground is really level for being the woods and I had no problem. You can walk or run a small quad easily in the area and if needed I can bring the Hummer to drop you into the river :evil6:

Jan 15, 2016
Fresno, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well if I was out of college and didn't have responsibilities to a club that weekend I would be there. You are going to be about 15 minutes from my home =/ Oh well, gotta get that degree so I can support myself and all my prospecting needs haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread