Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1.jpg

2.jpg

New-York tribune. (New York [N.Y.]) 1866-1924, August 14, 1904, Page 5, Image 48 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Upvote 0

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff thanks for posting these. Old mining photos are the best, unless of cpourse I do better in nugget production this year and snap a few pics.........

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool , I've always said I was born a 150 years to late , I could live just as easy of the grid than on it . The only thing I would miss is Tnet !!!!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Jeff. The links to the Library of Congress are great! I love historical photographs, and the links to the articles really act like a time machine.

It's great to read about things like that while I'm frozen out from gold mining.

All the best,

Lanny

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The first miners to travel the steep canyons of the motherlode must have really had a time.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Horrendous conditions , small wonder so many tried.....and died-RIP ol'sods-John

Can you imagine some of those Greenhorns heading out to the deserts around here with no experience John? "Water? What do you mean there's no water?"

At least the guys in the bottom picture were fairly close to the river.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fever sure destroyed many of them, sad, but nation building moments in time provide PRIDE in being a miner for sure. Such audacious tenacity is amazing. John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread