Ok so where do I find a 200 mesh clasifier screen for a bucket

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Coos canyon Rock and Gift In Maine they have a web site. Or The campground on the Wild Am. There the closest or possibly Kittery Trading Post. How did you make out looking for a dredge.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still looking at dredge most have to much horse power as we are limited to 5 HP in New Hampshire . I've been thinking about contacting some of the manufacturers to see if they would do a special order for a 3" with a five HP engine . I will probly wait for a while as I have spent close to 3000.00 without finding any gold yet . Things add up fast when your buying equipment . My wife is like , you need to find some gold and I agree . I have money but where do you stop spending on a hobby , to get a little return . If I find a little color she does'nt care . I could find two dollars worth and be good , but she does'nt want me to lose faith in finding gold and to go on to something else . She knows me to well , but i won't give up this summer so time will tell . I am searching a hard area at best , In New England , and I know it . So If I find 5 specs I'm good , she knows I don't give up easy but if I spend all summer and don't get anything then maybe I will give up .

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't worry Scott. You WILL find some color soon as the weather allows you to get out there again. I'd hold off on the dredge until you've learned all your current gear inside and out. That way you not only learn how it works best, but you keep the Better Half happy. I NEVER buy equipment unless I need it and I always let the terrain dictate what equipment I buy. If it's not going to either make things easier on my back or improve the recovery rates dramatically I don't spend the money on it.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Call Jeff at Proline, he will hook you up. Proline Gold Mining and Prospecting Equipment, Inc.

I'm still looking at dredge most have to much horse power as we are limited to 5 HP in New Hampshire . I've been thinking about contacting some of the manufacturers to see if they would do a special order for a 3" with a five HP engine . I will probly wait for a while as I have spent close to 3000.00 without finding any gold yet . Things add up fast when your buying equipment . My wife is like , you need to find some gold and I agree . I have money but where do you stop spending on a hobby , to get a little return . If I find a little color she does'nt care . I could find two dollars worth and be good , but she does'nt want me to lose faith in finding gold and to go on to something else . She knows me to well , but i won't give up this summer so time will tell . I am searching a hard area at best , In New England , and I know it . So If I find 5 specs I'm good , she knows I don't give up easy but if I spend all summer and don't get anything then maybe I will give up .

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My finer classifiers are cooking ones. Found at yard sales. They work fine and cost a buck.Work great for cons. Finding gold only makes the fever worst.Hopeing for an early spring. Research and finding locations are the best investment. They say there"s gold in every stream in N.H. Not a lot but you never now.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moto stop buying equipment until we get you in the water!!! LOL! Wait until you accually know what you're gonna need. I've got stuff that I thought I was going to need don't even use it. You have more than the basic's you will need to get started. Wait on the dredge you can run mine for a day to see if you're going to like it. The horse power thing on the pumps is at max RPM'S so if you don't run it at max it doesn't make the rated HP. My pump is 5.5 at full throttle but at half which is where I run it your talking around 3HP.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moto stop buying equipment until we get you in the water!!! LOL! Wait until you accually know what you're gonna need. I've got stuff that I thought I was going to need don't even use it. You have more than the basic's you will need to get started. Wait on the dredge you can run mine for a day to see if you're going to like it. The horse power thing on the pumps is at max RPM'S so if you don't run it at max it doesn't make the rated HP. My pump is 5.5 at full throttle but at half which is where I run it your talking around 3HP.

I am Nugget , just getting ansy . I have way to much time on my hands , this year . I use to sell about 700 cords of fire wood in a winters time , my body has'nt let me do it in about three years . Thats why I'm having so much free time to post . I have a couple small excavation jobs lined up for March and April . I plan on being in NH for the summer unless someone calls me for a job . I only do work for a select group these days , they pay very well and they know , I get in and out fast . The jobs I do now require my experiance , if not I pass them off to other contractor . my fees are higher than most want to pay , but if they want me to play , they have to pay . LOL

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Moto I saw big green go by. Its like big red on gold rush. But a little smaller. I got to thinking it might be you moving your equipment. To the Wild Am. Just Kidding. The groundhog says winter is over. So any day now. We will be acting. Like ground hogs and digging holes.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still committed for March and April . I get 500.00 an hour plus fuel and materials so I can't pass that up . I figure a couple months keep me going all summer . LOL

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling Moto! I used to get paid to play with other peoples toy's doing resto's. Same thing for me mind say's go body say's no! Ansie man let me tell you about it!
I was going to go north last week-end till I saw some pictures bummer no way! My wife is ready to strangle me! LOL! :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling Moto! I used to get paid to play with other peoples toy's doing resto's. Same thing for me mind say's go body say's no! Ansie man let me tell you about it!
I was going to go north last week-end till I saw some pictures bummer no way! My wife is ready to strangle me! LOL! :icon_scratch:

Amen bother Amen . I mostly work for the rich and the famous now , and have to generally sigh an ananimity clause , hence the big bucks . It has to look like no one was ever there when I'm done . It's amazing how many referals I get , from customers , I stay till they are happy and they pay and pay . I wish I had done this years ago . I'm just a regular guy , that is willing to work with tough customer that are willing to pay . If they change their mind it's just more money for me . I could work almost year round but why would I . I also think thats why they hire me is that I either say no or give them a time frame when I decide to be available to them . I think it turns them on so to speak . I may go to a grand an hour next year as I have almost to many wanting my services .

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya! when I first started doing resto's I was reasonable. All they did was cry, cry, cry about nothing. So I tripled my prices or better and then I was a hero didn't do anything different. I've done cars for people all over the US. also built and sold them all over as well.

Gold Cube

Feb 20, 2011
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
All I have are the 4" size that fit on the pioneer mining stackables. Nothing bucket size, never seen one that mesh, that size. In geology sieves that are brass, I have seen them 6" and 8" Let me know if you need one of the 4" plastic ones.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I have are the 4" size that fit on the pioneer mining stackables. Nothing bucket size, never seen one that mesh, that size. In geology sieves that are brass, I have seen them 6" and 8" Let me know if you need one of the 4" plastic ones.

Ok I definately will I don't end up with very much below a 100 mesh , but I don't want to leave any gold either , I'm a cheapskate at heart , but realize you have to spend money to make money .

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I suggest you wait on the 200 mesh until you have a whole bucket full of -100 mesh to run thru that new 200 mesh classifier. I predict that will take quite a while!

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kevin , I have never been acusted of not being ready for anything that I've been into . LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread