Canada selling off there Gold , whats happened ?

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My first impression was that they are talking about International reserves not actually in the country and that would make more sense as national reserves would be listed differently. Canada mines a lot of gold and the breakdown of the chart with the securities etc seems to be just their international holdings. Someone else will hopefully know better.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Canada has 77 ounces left. That's more than most countries.

NOTES:

The Government of Canada sold 21,851 ounces of gold coins for settlement in February. On February 29, gold holdings stood at 77 ounces.

Echos only at Fort Knox. JP Morgan sold the leased gold decades ago.

Why do you think this stuff is so valuable? Get u sum. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG I have more gold than the country of Canada-:dontknow: insane world as with nothing to back up their currency is pretty risky-John

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I could give you a good guess but I am supposed to avoid politics--unfortunately some answers are political.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been looking for over 20 years but too bloody dangerous with drug wars, ungodly uncureable diseases, crocodiles, hippos, lions, tigers, many kinds of bears(Kodiak are bad in the am) political wars, countries stealing mining rights(costa rica) and nationalizing banks(Ecuador) and giving 2 cent on the dollar. Almost all my friends/associates have abandoned Africa, Mexico, south and central America and run with what they could. My good buddy Daniel wants me to go to Ireland this summer with him to looksee?? Good Irish whiskey and a bonnie lass just might be a nice change after dredging all day as decent gold in numerous spots. John

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John I say with that much gold you should start your own country.

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Within 4 months of Trudeau’s new government taking power all the gold was sold off.
Which wasn't much FYI.
"On November 4th, 2015, the day the Trudeau government was sworn in, the finance department’s international reserves report showed we had $110M US worth of gold. A month later it was $102M US. By January we were down to $58M, $24M in February and now nothing."

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually Hefty a great big old world chock full of friends, associates, old confidants, 3 generations of kids-gkids-ggkids, numerous charities, I own all I need, want or desire, NO debts as always pay cash for "everything" so really nice and warm even after the last 2 days of blessed deluge. We are BOTH missing what we covet but there are always work arounds :skullflag: Spend the rainy days at the spa/gym in the sauna, jacuzzi, pool and working out getting ready for springs chores.....COME ON RAIN WE NEED 30" MORE. Just suffering along best I can hahahaha yaa right-John

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Actually Hefty a great big old world chock full of friends, associates, old confidants, 3 generations of kids-gkids-ggkids, numerous charities, I own all I need, want or desire, NO debts as always pay cash for "everything" so really nice and warm even after the last 2 days of blessed deluge. We are BOTH missing what we covet but there are always work arounds :skullflag: Spend the rainy days at the spa/gym in the sauna, jacuzzi, pool and working out getting ready for springs chores.....COME ON RAIN WE NEED 30" MORE. Just suffering along best I can hahahaha yaa right-John

Well ok...BIG ol World! But its your own. :notworthy: My Friend.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Within 4 months of Trudeau’s new government taking power all the gold was sold off.
Which wasn't much FYI.
"On November 4th, 2015, the day the Trudeau government was sworn in, the finance department’s international reserves report showed we had $110M US worth of gold. A month later it was $102M US. By January we were down to $58M, $24M in February and now nothing."

See, like I said, political. Good info here, goldhog.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of us miners are in a shrinking world as our great past is slowly erased. All the great men who have gone on to that paystreak that never ends. Karl Von Mueller, Mac Montenegro, Erwin Lee, Jim Harrand,Mackay, original Keene brothers,Sato family and your great father Hefty also was one of those folks you considered yourself lucky to have met/known or associated with, and any of these folks who MADE mining real for many years... Contraction sucks-John

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not to worry, they can always buy it back when the price goes up. Actually, I should not joke, what they did is a crime. I am actually surprised they did not say that they intend to plant the remaining 73 oz and grow some more....

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought about this a bit more. Wanna bet it is currently being recast in the US for shipment to Germany for the repatriation? A cover-up for another crime - if the US does not have the German gold that they were safekeeping....

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The western democracies turned "social republics" don't want any gold laying around to remind them of fiscal restraint. Better to print and spend, keeping all their fractured groups of constituents happy.........one election at a time.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions