Hawthorne NJ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey folks, I've been prospecting in new jersey for a few months all over northern New Jersey with little success. I would love to meet up with some folks to try and find some color. At the very least, I would very much appreciate some specific locations to try. Message me if you are interested in getting together.

-Frank

Frank, be sure to reach out to Brian053 and plan to join the club he is in. He's a great guy, I'm sure you'll enjoy digging with him as I did when I was in the area. He may even show you his Massachusetts picker!

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL - the Mass Picker! Sure, I could dig that out of the closet Kevin. Thanks for the kind words and the shout out. (I long for a trip to Colorado, by the way. Your pictures and the pics from your fellow state residents make me want to move...)
Hey Frank, I'd be happy to connect with you. I've poked around in Northern NJ (I'm in Morris County), but I believe that any gold dropped by the glaciers is under dozens - in some places hundreds - of feed of overburden. It's why we've got good aquifers: the glaciers left a lot of good sand and gravel. (I'm not a geologist; this is just the opinion I've formed from reading. Any qualified geologists are free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Frank I belong to the Delaware Valley GPAA chapter. Feel free to check them out. I have to admit that it's been about 6 months since I've been to a meeting, but I do intend to return to them (just been busy). "President Dave" is the guy who runs the chapter and he's a great guy. They have 4 (maybe 5) places they have permission to dig (but not dredge) in eastern Pennsylvania about 90 minutes from Morris County. At these locations you can find a speck or two. If you're interested I'd be happy to go over there with you, even when there isn't a club meeting. Just PM me.

- Brian

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Brian, you should move!

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I lived in south jersey for a few years while going to school, never even thought about looking for gold while I was there.

Dred

Sep 21, 2017
Ocean county nj
Detector(s) used
Just a regular one
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eve i stay in ocean county nj . i also just started im looking for someone to go with . if your willing to go. Then lets go get that gold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread