Golden Memories of My Film Career!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few years ago, I got a call from a production company in England, doing a show for the History Channel. They wanted me to tell them about modern gold prospecting and mining in the United States. I talked with several producers about the many levels and aspects of gold prospecting and mining.

They asked me if I could gather the top gold prospecting experts in Arizona together for a day of filming and if I could provide locations for the shoot. I immediately thought of Mike Furness, Calvin Bunker, Robert Martensen, Bret Chilcott, Bill Southern, and Chris Gholson. All of them graciously said yes. Although Bill had a prior commitment the day of the shoot, he and his daughter were able to join us for the production party the night before with Cindy at the Sierra Vista Motel in Congress.

We were on location near Rich Hill, AZ, in the Weaver Mountains by 7:00am, and didn’t stop until we had climbed up Old Stage Coach Road to Yarnell - almost 11-hours later, and filmed the sunset from Yarnell Hill. In the end you’ll see me and most of the other men for just three-seconds (at 5:41 in the second vid), and Chris Gholson for a minute or so. Oh well, I can still say I was “in” a History Channel show! :tongue3:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, good on ya Mr. Solomon! Looks like you all had fun in spite of the wanton editing.

BobM

Feb 7, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you invite "Mel", to the party....

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you invite "Mel", to the party....

No, Mel & Bob had started a business at that time, and I had begun hiring more experienced prospectors and instructors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread