Making Bull Butter

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get my milk (1/3rd heavy cream) from my neighbor for free. She owes me a fair chunk of change. So when I'm house bound in winter, I make butter. It's the right color as gold when done so I think I can post it here. So the joke goes It's Bull Butter. It's some fine tasting good for you fresher than ever, straight from the udder butter. It's a long process in the mixer, first it has to become whipped cream, then reduced to whey and butter. Mixer sure is easier than a hand churn though. But it splatters everywhere. I found that a 30 pack beer box fits nicely around the mixer. Found out it fits good after the big mess, and I have plenty of empties. I added just the right amount of salt, and it knows what to do from here.

If you're a miner/prospector and a homesteader, please share your stories here. Winter is a tough period when that honey hole is under five feet of snow.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20160313_200539798_HDR.jpg

Bull Butter done

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you use the 30-pack box before or after it's empty! LOL! :occasion14:

OP
OP
M

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you use the 30-pack box before or after it's empty! LOL! :occasion14:

Cheaper beer in 24 packs just don't cut it as splash guards. Has to be the more expensive cheaper beer in 30 packs, or better yet (but not in the budget) are MGD 36 pack boxes. Of course they have been emptied over the weekend.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The the three B's; Butter, Beer and don't forget Bacon. Not much better than that!

Last edited:

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread