What is some good cheap pay dirt to buy

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would check wiskey pete's on ebay . I gotten some from him and found gold , don't expect much . You will never get more than you paid from any of them .

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Number 7 birdshot, very cheap. Plus your own dirt. No kidding. Flatten a few out to make flakes.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the Gold Hog web site they sell a pack of classified material , and they are a sponcer here .

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I want to buy some paydirt to test my new louvre riffle sluice I want to see if it works but I don't want to spend much.

Maybe save yourself a few bucks.....If I remember right you have already panned some gold with purchased paydirt (?). If you mix some of the gold you already have with a few gallons of bank run material from the area you are thinking of working, or similar material (gravels, sand,clay, silt and all) then that should give you an indication as to how well the sluice works. Count pieces or weigh what you are adding to make sure what you put in you get out. If you get more out than what you put in then all the better.:icon_thumright: What ever you do, collect the tailings so you can pan and re recover any gold that may have escaped the sluice.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread