Nampa Idaho prospecting.

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Traveling to Nampa at the end of April for a long weekend. Would love to to some prospecting..
What are the regulations / rules for that area? Seems like I might have to get a permit of some sorts. Not sure.
Can I just join their local gpaa and that covers the permit? Please advise on rules and please suggest general spots or areas to check out.
Gold prospecting preferred but gem hunting is also a good option.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or maybe it's easier to go across the border to Oregon? It is right next door.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mshanygin,
Likely you could check out the current weather conditions and forecasts for snow on the ground, snow that is expected and temperatures of the air though water is likely to be a lot colder.
It is also possible you could ask these questions of the GPAA group in that area as they should know what the weather is like. If you find the weather conditions are good then you should also ask about what the rivers are like. Then if all of this comes back positive the GPAA is likely your best bet though I would also suggest that you do not go out alone and that you are prepared for the weather. Have fun, stay safe, stay alive, stay in one piece and remember if the creek/stream/river is flowing heavily all it takes is one rock to roll as you step on it and you will be in that wild water and it is not a good place to be! Have a wonderful trip!......................63bkpkr

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just find a stream on National Forest, or BLM, and have at it. Nobody's going to bother you unless you're using motorized equipment. Stay away from Parks, Monuments, etc, of course.
Jim

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With a few exceptions the Snake is open. The gold is very fine but you can get lucky from time to time. The Payette has miles and miles open as well. G/L

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Probably going to want to head to Boise Basin or the Payette Rivers that would probably be about the same drive as going to OR like mshanygin suggested. I found a little gold in Baker Co on Thursday on my way back from Boise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread