Finally.....the weather is starting to get better in my area.... Spring!!!!

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:hello2: I'm sure it's not permanent yet, but there is a nice forecast for once. Warm, sunny, DRY days this week in the 70's and next week dry but cooler.
Too bad this weeks priority is mowing and yard clean up duties..... soon!....very soon I'll get to start playing in the water again.

Need to take a few more loads to the dump from cleaning out my garage O' stuff as well as my mom's. My step dad passed away this winter and man oh man was he a packrat.

My time is coming :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
me too mike...after a couple of clear but 35 degree mornings, now it's 50's and 60's and sunny! Weather is cooperating but life isn't. But soon! :occasion14:

oh and yeah, my mom was a packrat too. I got 30 days to empty, clean and sell my mom's travel trailer. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We keep flipping back and forth from winter to spring. Got one day of mining in. Then back to winter now we've got a few day's of spring 60-70 degrees I'm going mining tomorrow next week snow and 30's.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We keep flipping back and forth from winter to spring. Got one day of mining in. Then back to winter now we've got a few day's of spring 60-70 degrees I'm going mining tomorrow next week snow and 30's.

Thats NH for ya ! , I am having some of the same problems here with weather , not so much with snow . We have been getting so much rain that we are having standing water in some of the places I need to dig . UGH !!!!!

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only place you need to dig in standing water is the river! LOL!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Condolences on the the passing of your stepfather. I lost mine also and he was the only father figure in my life and sure miss him, hope you had a good one also. I still spend some winter days reducing the pile of family history, go slow as what may look like junk could indeed be golden- John

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mike, you heading out this weekend to day any prospecting? I was thinking of heading out towards Ellensburg to snoop around a little, or maybe off to the coast to run some beach sand...I hope you get out!

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course by the time I get back out there it will be pouring rain....:BangHead:

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd like to but still have some things to finish up before I can have guilt free fun. I'm thinking of the beach myself.
80* today and probably 40's and snow before I get another chance myself.

I did get out with my panning partner last week to check out a couple new and old spots to see what the winter rains did the the rivers. Got a few colors and that satisfied my fever for now.....or maybe intensified it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread