Now that I have a tool to remove magnetic....

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that I have a tool to remove magnetic material (see my post from a few days ago) from fine beach sand. (I love tools) What would be a good tools for getting gold and flour gold from that fine sand?

I am looking at blue bowl, Desert Fox, Gold Miner Spiral Gold Panning Machine

I have only seen good comments on the bluebowl, a few people mentioned it is a slow process.
On the two spiral machines I have read good and bad things about both.

Now i need your comments, please.

Upvote 0

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Are you old enough to remember comic books from the early 1960's? In the advertisements in the back you could always find magnets. Some of the claims were they were so powerful they could pick up gold!

Sorry, I am no help. I just always remember those ad's. Scammers never quit.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now that I have a tool to remove magnetic material (see my post from a few days ago) from fine beach sand. (I love tools) What would be a good tools for getting gold and flour gold from that fine sand?

I am looking at blue bowl, Desert Fox, Gold Miner Spiral Gold Panning Machine

I have only seen good comments on the bluebowl, a few people mentioned it is a slow process.
On the two spiral machines I have read good and bad things about both.

Now i need your comments, please.

You did not mention it but I would go with a miller table before any that you did mention. If you are the least bit handy you can make one your self. Lots of info here including a link back to this forum. https://www.google.com/webhp?source...e=UTF-8#q=how to make a miller table for gold
Also some will suggest to just pan it. If you have removed all the magnetics then that is a major step in making ocean beach concentrates manageable by panning. Since beach sands are mostly minus 100 mesh it is best to pan in small quantities of about a tablespoon at a time.

Good luck

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you old enough to remember comic books from the early 1960's? In the advertisements in the back you could always find magnets. Some of the claims were they were so powerful they could pick up gold!

Sorry, I am no help. I just always remember those ad's. Scammers never quit.

No I do not remember those ads but I do remember the x-ray vision glasses that will let you see right through women's clothes. I guess those sold pretty well to 13 year old boys. ;)

There was no such thing as neodymium magnets back then but in one of the older issues of western & eastern Treasure there was a photo of gold sticking to a strong magnet. The big nuggets were in a matrix of magnatite.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a Desert Fox spiral wheel and a Blue Bowl. Out of the two, I really only trust the Blue Bowl. It recovers foil gold and gold so small that I have to have a magnifying glass to see. So, my Desert Fox just sits in corner of the garage. :(

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what thread you are referring to, so my question would be, are you looking for something to make a course separation of gold from sand (a concentrate) or are you looking for something to clean your cons and leave you with (mostly) clean gold?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread