High Pocket Gold

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
I finally had the chance on Sunday to get out and quench my thirst for some gold after weeks of chaos with work, school, and the kiddos. Rain was in the forecast for sunday but i didnt care, i need some color! Heres a photo of the drive through sacramento
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460392858.002874.jpg
Once i hit the road to the river things cleared up for the most part, i only got drizzled on for an hour
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460392931.102366.jpg
The river was raging from recent rains and snow melt which forced me to look in higher places for some gold. I sampled and eventually found large amounts of black sand but not much gold. I thought that maybe the gold deposited a little further upstream and sampled some more. Eventually i found a spot where i was finding 20 plus fines per pan with the occasional flake- maybe ive found something here...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460393186.883742.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460393198.506663.jpg
It was a great day, most of the gold was found 10' above the water line and about 10' out of the river..pretty high. All with just a pan, garden shovel, crow bar and a spoon. Only souls i saw all day were a few kayakers cruising down the river and a huge banana slug. These are the days i dream about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So what you are saying is I should have canceled band practice and gone with you. Sweet Pan Brother. Hope you can get out next week as well. I will change practice day if I have too. Way to brave the elements and clean up.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be doing the happy dance to find that much in one outing...Way to go!

OP
OP
SchoolOfHardRocks

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I should be going this thursday, i have to work saturday so i get to take a day off in the week -which is great so i can get back out there sooner. Ill shoot you a text

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't make me call in sick to work and join you guys....lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread