High Pocket Gold

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
I finally had the chance on Sunday to get out and quench my thirst for some gold after weeks of chaos with work, school, and the kiddos. Rain was in the forecast for sunday but i didnt care, i need some color! Heres a photo of the drive through sacramento
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460392858.002874.jpg
Once i hit the road to the river things cleared up for the most part, i only got drizzled on for an hour
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460392931.102366.jpg
The river was raging from recent rains and snow melt which forced me to look in higher places for some gold. I sampled and eventually found large amounts of black sand but not much gold. I thought that maybe the gold deposited a little further upstream and sampled some more. Eventually i found a spot where i was finding 20 plus fines per pan with the occasional flake- maybe ive found something here...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460393186.883742.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460393198.506663.jpg
It was a great day, most of the gold was found 10' above the water line and about 10' out of the river..pretty high. All with just a pan, garden shovel, crow bar and a spoon. Only souls i saw all day were a few kayakers cruising down the river and a huge banana slug. These are the days i dream about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
That is a fine looking pan, friend! Grats to ya and may you find a nice picker or two next outing.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful. Always nice to see a successful trip! That 2nd pic is really nice, also.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of what I get here in NH. is above the water. Great pics, nice scenery.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty nice to be able to find a stretch of river (with gold) that wasn't already claimed.

Along the rivers up north ,that is difficult to do.

Good looking gold, kind of chunky.

From the message title, I was expecting to see some quartz specimens.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yea! Looks like a gram and a half! Wish I could have made it. Next weekend is a go!

OP
OP
SchoolOfHardRocks

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
I know that a lot of people (including myself) have been looking up high. Congrats to you and doing it in style! :occasion14:

In the mean time, I'll work on my new jealousy problem. :-\

LOL, I know the feeling Jeff. But truth be told, most days I take home a fraction of what I found yesterday. Hopefully my little spot will continue paying which I believe it will, but every time I think I've got a "new special spot" it doesn't workout.. I have my fingers crossed on this one and will be back out on Friday to see

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey...our affliction works in mysterious ways. I have been able to get out once so far this year and I went to a spot that has CONSISTENTLY skunked me. Why? Cuz I went high and knew the exact spots to check. Yeah...I found TWICE as much fools gold for my efforts. :laughing7:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C'MON JEFF! Be patient the sun has to shine on every dogs a$$ once and awhile. LOL!

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's incredible for panning - put a sluice down and work that spot!

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah you found a nice hot spot thats great for panning, congrats!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I know we are all drooling over that pan. But that canyon shot with the fog and wildflowers is postcard for sure. Nice shot man!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Start mapping out that streak man! You have to remember that the stream/river has most likely changes its course several times over the centuries. What was once the bed is now a bench that they have a path just like the current flow does. Notes and maps could be a great investment of time here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions