nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found theses the other day at Wal-Mart in the house wares isle. As far as I can see they are around a 150-175 mesh. The best part in tax free NH. they were a $1.97 for a set of 4. DSCF0368.JPG DSCF0369.JPG

Upvote 0

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't beat that price and if you use it properly it should be a great tool for the price. Thanks for sharing nh, surprised by some of the comments, you can lead a horse to water...

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Asmbandits, I know finer classifiers are pricey when I found these at Wal-Mart no less, had to pass it along. I been using them for my cons in my bowl it seems to work pretty well for what I use them for. Best part is the price.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
18 mesh is fine first first pass but, at least here in CO (and other places I've been: UT, WA, MA, GA) you also need a 50 mesh. That'll let you get the -50 gold MUCH easier. Where I dig, the -50 is 1/3-1/2 of the total gold by weight so it's key to get it!

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like everyone has said getting it all down to the same size deffinatly makes it easier to separate. We have a lot of -50 here as well.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I use one for paring cons at the digs or in the clean up shack, is I can use a pan to classify into. From a bucket , pan or other snuffer. Its easier to pack than a bucket classifier also. I already have a pan and 3/8 classifier in there, couldn't fit tvvo. The green plasic classifier I have does have a pan taper most metal screen bucket classifiers have a straight side and only match certain pans plus the combined height makes them cumbersome to hold together.

For screening into a pan on a budget I believe those one handled strainers are about perfect. You can make different mesh by adding a layer of smaller mesh ON TOP as long as the bigger screen is underneath you'll still get througput. i do use those stacking screens for screening don past 30. I have a 50 mesh bucket screen the only time i use it is to catch the 50 plus out of the bucket that overflos into my primary recirc resevoir.

As far as culinary tools and prospecting, I have fifteen plus years in commercial kitchens. There is an amazing abundace of crossover tools. Most any metal tool is stainless steel and the plastics are durable and made to vvithstand THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of ash cycles using heat and numerous chemicals. baking racks make excellent large bulk claiisifier screens. They are strong and average around 1/4 to 1/2 inch hole size. I keep my eye out at thrift stores and yard sales for old school better made kitchen tools also. Grandmas stuff vvas made much better than Rachel Ray's B.S. or Martha's or Paula Dean's YA'LL 8-)

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little imagination there are a lot of cross-over tools from a variety of professions. Let me see--- screw drivers, vacuum cleaner nozzles. Heck my blue bowl is a oil change pan and a funnel with a pond pump.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an amazing abundace of crossover tools. Most any metal tool is stainless steel and the plastics are durable and made to vvithstand THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of ash cycles using heat and numerous chemicals. baking racks make excellent large bulk claiisifier screens. They are strong and average around 1/4 to 1/2 inch hole size. I keep my eye out at thrift stores and yard sales for old school better made kitchen tools also. Grandmas stuff vvas made much better than Rachel Ray's B.S. or Martha's or Paula Dean's YA'LL 8-)
You don't say...

Attachments

• phpgskYUqPM.jpg
    phpgskYUqPM.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 77

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread